Honored Contributor

@dexOn the IE I am using, if I browse QVC without signing in with my password, it shows as not secure.  As soon as I sign it, the website looks secure to me -   http becomes https.

Honored Contributor

@millieshopsi am signed in so tried a search and that message about not secure still pops up. I have been noticing that for awhile and I am not certain how safe this web site is but no problems yet.

Honored Contributor

There have been multiple threads about this issue.  Someone was extremely upset about the ads she was seeing and she thought QVC was responsible for it.

Honored Contributor

It is generated by your provider QVC has nothing to do with it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@millieshopsi am signed in so tried a search and that message about not secure still pops up. I have been noticing that for awhile and I am not certain how safe this web site is but no problems yet.

@dex.  I get this message whenever I put an item number in to search. Message says "this site is not secure, do you want to continue?". 

When I call up the QVC website, the secure padlock comes up with it and disappears when the site starts to load. I only use the forums now.

Super Contributor

No ads, but I use Linux rather than Windows, don't know if that matters.

Adblock Plus is just an updated version of my old faithful Adblock.

There's also Webmail Ad Blocker, I use it for Hotmail/Outlook.

Respected Contributor

I had to log in in order to post here, but Explorer still shows this as an insecure site for me as I type this.  (The i with the circle around it)

Laura loves cats!
Super Contributor

Firefox considers this an insecure site as information I post to it could be viewed by others. So, I'm not concerned, as that's the whole point of this forum.

Honored Contributor

@dexOccasionally for some websites, I get a message that their security certficate isn't up-to-date or isn't valid, just have never gotten one yet for anything QVC.

I'm transitioning to Florida soon and when that move is finished, I need to hire a techie to update -  I'm making a note to ask questions then.  So far. any problems around QVC have seemed to be human error problems.  Those are all around us and I don't think I'll ever see a time when they aren't   Operator error is a huge factor in most accidents, physical, social, financial, political -  you name it.  We humans can mess it up!

Honored Contributor

I go to many different sites and this is the only one I get the not secure message. Using Safari on IPad.