Respected Contributor

Are these possibly products that you previously viewed on other websites?  I know some places buy space like that (JTV, HSN and LC both do it for sure).  Almost anywhere I go I see their ads for things I've viewed at their sites.  I find it extremely annoying and they are hard to get rid of (at least for me).  I would never click on one of those ads, that's for sure.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I used to have free Malwarebytes till they started that "free trial' version.

I knew what would happen if I fell for that. After the free trial version, then, they would drive U crazy with taking the paid version.

So, I uninstalled it. Do have Superspyware and of course AVG.

Honored Contributor

No, can't afford or want a laser printer. I'll start paying more attention and report back what I see next time.

Honored Contributor

I used to see the ads on my laptop until I downloaded 'Adblocker plus', it's free and now no more ads! Yay!

I also use Malwarebytes, but still saw the ads untill I added Adblocker plus.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom  I am on my iPad too but I still get the occasional add banner.I noticed it mostly happens when i am searching for an item.I  always get a q message that says this forum is not secure when I do a search and have to click cancel or submit.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody else

[ Edited ]

"Plus" does that mean you pay for it ?

@KingstonsMom

Trusted Contributor

No ads for me either. Maybe because I only have Apple iPads and MacBook.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I see those tiny "ads" at the bottom of this page, but I personally do not care. QVC makes the rules regarding this site. They can do anything they want...including shutdown this board. They do not bring this board to us at no cost.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, when browsing because QVC.com is no longer secure. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

"Plus" does that mean you pay for it ?

@KingstonsMom

@SharkE

No, the adblocker plus is free. They do have a paid version but this one is free.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.