Super Contributor

Re: Anybody Else Getting RUNTIME Error & Slow Website Here???

The longer it goes having run time errors, the less time they will have to devote to monitoring the boards.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it's been at least 5 days now. Some replies post (double at times) and others don't.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it's been at least 5 days now. Some replies post (double at times) and others don't.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Very bad this morning. Hardly worth waiting for it to work. Maybe they just don't care and prefer all of us posting on Facebook?

Respected Contributor

I have had a lot of runtime gibberish notifications. It makes me use the site less often.

Contributor

Yes, I get that & that it wants to close my internet explorer all the time. I just went to Technical FAQs on here. Specifically, http://www.qvc.com/FAQTechnical.content.html#answer1

So I did as it said & changed my ie settings to trust qvc.com...make sure you check the box first or you'll keep getting an error message that ie will not accept sites without https.

It's better since I did this, but I'm not amazed.

Maybe I will actually be able to shop here now. I haven't shopped here since they redid their site since it became even slower & therefore intolerable. It's not like they're giving stuff away here. Lol

Shopping here reminds me of being in long Christmas lines at a major mall on Christmas Eve from back in the day before internet when that was all you had so the lines were even longer. And honestly, the sales ladies kept it moving better than this website.

I think there are beacons, too much tracking on here now which slows the entire site down to the point that it becomes useless to me. I don't know for who or what they are collecting all this data, but there should be an opt out section.

HSN's site is so much better & therefore they've been getting my business. I really like how I can save something to a Favorite on HSN & they save it without the necessity of taking me to the favorites page. The back & forth is a waste of time. I'll go to my favorites page after I'm done saving. It's not very efficent on here. Reminds me of the saving favorites on Ulta too so glad Sephora saves favorites like HSN.

Hope the FAQ's section helps someone. But honestly, I resent having to make special "trust" accomodations for this site. Especially since I don't particularily understand all this technical stuff. I'm here to shop, not get an education in computers.

Respected Contributor

The worst for me is the slow loading and jumping on the iPad in Safari.  I have to close my eyes for several seconds while the screen settles down because the jumping makes my eyes hurt.

There are other glitches but this one is affecting me the most.

Honored Contributor

'All I know' is that it takes forever trying to get to the QVC Home Page.  Ever since they changed their home page format.  Probably 'way too many' photos, etc. on that home page. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Yes, 'By Gosh, I think I've got it'.......Way too many large photos on that home page.  Takes much longer to load those photos and whatever else they're called, on that first home page.................

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  And, yes, sometimes less is more.............