Honored Contributor

here ?  I heard on youtube the citizens are getting little corona checks

Any truth to that ?

Honored Contributor

Re: Any folks from Colorado

[ Edited ]

I am not from Colorado but, yes, some people will get a whopping $375.  

You moving?

DENVER (CBS4) – The state of Colorado announced it will pay qualified Coloradans $375 in an effort to curb the economic effects of the coronavirus pandemic. The stimulus will be a one-time payment for 435,000 Coloradans making less than $52,000 per year.

On Wednesday, Gov. Jared Polis signed an executive order using $168 million for the payments. He says those receiving federal unemployment benefits haven’t had any relief since Sept. 5.

“The State will help fill this gap left by federal inaction by sending one-time direct payments,” the governor’s office stated in a news release.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE Yes, Colorado Gov Polis said a couple days ago since the Federal level isn't sending any stimulus money he decided to give a $375 benefit to each person on unemployment who earns less than $52,000.  I'm assuming that's based off last years' income figures.  The state stiumulus money is being sent first part of December.  

Honored Contributor

Sorry to step on your response, @rockygems123 

Honored Contributor

Good news for those folks. No fortune, but, better then wishing and hoping I guess. I'm in Tx. by the way. LOL  Just wanting to see if any truth to it.

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Sorry to step on your response, @rockygems123 

@tansy Not at all, any and all info good!

QVC Customer Care
Respected Contributor

Cynical me wonders why Colorado has an extra $160 million laying around.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Re: Any folks from Colorado

[ Edited ]

Governor Polis is doing the right thing by signing that state executive order for the one-time state unemployment benefit payment to be given Dec.1. It's purpose is to help the local economy short term until bigger things happen. It's not a lot of money and the only people getting it are those who collected unemployment starting in April. If someone didn't file for unemployment or did not qualify to receive it then they will not get the one-time payment. That information was reported on our local news.

There are some angry people who didn't lose their jobs but lost hours and pay bc of the pandemic. Many are low-income earners who are upset that people were getting paid with unemployment monies, more money than the working people make. Now those low-income people aren't getting any state stimulus help either. It's sort of not fair. I can understand why. The poor get more poor. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.