Honored Contributor

I bought my first Fitbit this week. I went with the Zip because I could clip it on to my pants pocket. I wear a watch and bracelets so I didn't want to give one of those up so that I could wear a Fitbit. 

I wasn't sure I'd like it, to be honest, but I love it so far!  It makes you really aware of the steps you take (or don't take). Last night, I was really close to 13,000 steps just before going to bed so I walked up and down our upstairs hall till it flipped over 13,000-LOL.  My husband thought I was nuts, but there you go. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Yes!  I've had my Fitbit One for almost 3 1/2 years.  It's a great tool to keep me moving. I wouldn't want one of the bracelet devices, either.  I like that mine is out of site (usually clipped to my bra) and if I change outfits during the day, it stays with me. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I love my Fitbit!  It's definitely been a good motivator to get up and get my steps to reach my daily goal.  Great job with the 13,000 steps!

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Yes!  I've had my Fitbit One for almost 3 1/2 years.  It's a great tool to keep me moving. I wouldn't want one of the bracelet devices, either.  I like that mine is out of site (usually clipped to my bra) and if I change outfits during the day, it stays with me. 

@september- I don't wear it to sleep in, but I got up this morning, walked the five steps to my dresser and would go no further till I clipped it to my nightgown. LOL. 

Honored Contributor

I don't use the sleep function either (not sure if your device does that)... But I do put it on first thing in the morning....when I'm going to be walking down the driveway to pick up the newspaper.  I want all my steps to count!

Respected Contributor

I am like you, I don't want to wear a Fitbit on my wrist. I like to wear pretty jewelry. So I started with the fitbit zip. I had it for a couple of years and this year bought the fitbit one because it is rechargeable. I wear it clipped to my bra everyday. I am on Weight Watchers so I get fitpoints from the fitbit. I went over 10,000 today so I am starting out my WW week with extra points. I have lost 43.8 pounds now using it with the WW. One tip, keep it on at night because when you get up in the morning you will be surprised how many steps you take just getting ready to go out for the day. Usually I get at least 600 steps before I leave the house. 

Honored Contributor

@conlt  I don't sleep with it on, but keep it by my bed, and put it on when I first get up.  Yes....we can get lots of steps before we even leave the house in the morning, and when I know my steps are being counted, I try to get in extra ones.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Any Fitbit fans?

[ Edited ]

I put mine on first thing this morning.  I want all steps to count!

@conlt- Congratulations on the weight loss!!  Great job.

Honored Contributor

I first had a Zip and upgraded to a FitBit One...LOVE them and wear my One every day.

When I first started, I was doing 4-8K steps a day...now I try to average 15,000. It's actually fun.

Valued Contributor

I love mine!  I'm in the minority because I have the Flex.  My daughter has the One and we monitor and encourage each other.

The Fitbits are a fun source of motivation!  Smiley Happy