Esteemed Contributor

Do you think this worked? (telemarketer)

We have called ID and an answering machine. We never answer unless we know who it is. Telemarketerrs call from time to time and then they never call again after getting our voice mail a few times. Wella!

All except this one. They have been calling 3 to 4 X a day all hours of the day and night for approximately 6 months. They never leave a message, they just hang up. (Their business is on our ID and we dont deal with this place so we know not to answer).

Well today, I am not feeling well at all, and I am not in the mood for this phone to ring all day.

So I saw it was this same party, and so I answered and I said Pizza Hut, can I take your order? Nothing. I said hello are you there? Its Pizza Hut can I take your order. They hung up...lol..

I hope thats the end of it now. If they dont stop now, I am going to see if I can get this number blocked by our cable/phone company, b.c this one is bordering on obsessive calling now. And oh we are on the do not call list too but some of them dont care, they still call.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think this worked? (telemarketer)

Cute! Hope it works for you. The only thing that stopped all of our unwanted calls was to get rid of our landline phone. I was resistant but finally did it. It has been the best blessing of my life! I only received phone calls from people i know now. I NEVER get telemarketers, election calls, etc... I never thought it would work so good but it has!! I don't miss having my landline phone at all! I highly recommend it!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL!!! I get those calls every day. I'm sick of them. I turned off my answering machine. They still call daily even though we never answer their calls. You think they would get the hint. They will never get an answer from our number. They want you to answer the phone so they know it's a working number so they can sell it.  If I don't recognize the number I don't answer. Have you gotten the call where the caller id shows your number? If nobody answered any of their calls they would stop. It's hard to believe people fall for these scams. Not happening to us now or when we are really elderly. You can search these numbers online & see what people are posting about the calls & who they are from.

Honored Contributor

Years ago we kept getting calls from a woman speaking what sounded like an Eastern European language, obviously a wrong number. Weren't able to tell her "wrong number " and she would call 3 times a day. After a week of this we got call block from our phone company. No more calls. I think call block is wonderful!

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Cute! Hope it works for you. The only thing that stopped all of our unwanted calls was to get rid of our landline phone. I was resistant but finally did it. It has been the best blessing of my life! I only received phone calls from people i know now. I NEVER get telemarketers, election calls, etc... I never thought it would work so good but it has!! I don't miss having my landline phone at all! I highly recommend it!

I'm guessing you are using a cell phone? I wondered if they called cell phones as much. I don't know if they call mine or not but it's always turned off unless I'm using it. I have a Tracfone. I have been debating on whether to get an Ooma to use with my home phone or get a different cell phone. I have not figured out how much it would cost using Tracfone vs another cell phone & how the monthly charges compare to my home phone.

Honored Contributor

Great idea.  I really hope it did work!  

Don't even get me started.  Telemarketing is the bane of my existence.  Well, that and my eyebrows.

I recently changed my landline service from the regular ATT service I've had for decades to ATT's Uverse service.  One of the biggest reasons I did so was that 'nomorobo' works with Uverse (and not just with regular ATT).

Additionally, I found in my Uverse account that I can also block numbers there. 

I was getting phone calls from a number that just said 'Illinois' in the name field and then the phone number.  Sometimes it would call every hour.  I answered it the first time (well, I picked up the phone but didn't say anything to see if it was a robo call).  It just hung up.  But it kept calling.

I have to say that since August 20th I have not gotten one call.  Even though I can block up to 30 calls at a time on my actual phones, it still had to ring once before it blocked and that was still kind of aggravating.  Now, between the Uverse and nomorobo, I am hoping to have none of them get through AT ALL.

We'll see, as campaign season really starts cranking next year.  So far, so good though!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ID2 Sooner or later, you will probably get those calls on your cell phone, too. I get 3-5 a week. I don't answer them. Anyone I'd want to speak to is listed in my contacts.

Honored Contributor

I rarely get telemarketing calls but when I do, I just remind him or her that we're on the no call list and to not call again.  I don't waste my time joking around with them.  But I hope it worked for you.

Respected Contributor

I get them all day long, Yesterday I was painting, up on a ladder. The phone rang at least 8 different times with all different locations. I'm on the Do Not Call list, I didn't answer,  but they were really peeing me off. 

Valued Contributor

I used to get a dozen or so calls a day from unavailable or unknown callers. I was able to block some on my old phone but it only held about 10 blocked numbers. A few weeks ago I bought a new set of phones. The base phone with answering machine is corded, the other 3 are cordless. Each phone has a call block button. As soon as I see an unknown or suspect number on my caller ID I hit the block button. Wow is it quiet in my house now! Best purchase ever.