Honored Contributor

Re: ¿ Any Cryptograms Fans?

@Mz iMac wrote:

@dooBdoo" I think your idea of using the spoiler feature is excellent.   Perhaps the OP could put the answer in a spoiler...  and each person replying could post their answer in their own spoiler so others could choose whether or not to open and see it?   Does that make sense?"

K, I like that idea bolded in red.  Never thought of that.  So I think I'll go w/the spoiler version.

================

"I had a couple of favorite iPad apps but the developers abandoned them and eventually I had to give in and remove the apps.  (sigh)   Haven't found new ones to replace them."

I checked the webbed version of the AppStore ( I have no iOS hardware) & there are plenty of cryptograms for iPads.  I would think if the developers abandoned them they Apple would have removed them.

I use CryptoQuote for OS.  There is an iOS version specifically for iPads-FREE. 

This app is my favorite because it is already loaded w/3100+ quotes plus a new one daily.  I've had this app since Snow Leopard OS & I have not cracked the 100 quote mark yet.

@Mz iMac,  Great!   I look forward to other ideas, and also to see what you decide to try out.

Regarding the iPad apps...  when the developer abandons an app my experience has been that it might remain in the App Store for a very short while but then it vanishes...  but as long as we keep it on our device, we can use it (of course, without any support).   I did that for a while, but then reluctantly deleted the apps.

I did look a couple of times in the App Store, but saw so many that I couldn't decide which to try out.   Reviews can be so far up and down, the outliers so extreme, that it's hard to go by those.   Thanks for the recommendation!   I'll take a look.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

@catmama 

@proudlyfromNJ 

@Preds 

@Berlybaby 

@CelticCrafter 

I will probably start the first crypto game the first week in September.  This will give folks time to "join" the Gamers forum if they so wish.  Also "summer vacations" will be done with.

Between now & then my project will be collecting cryptos to post (along w/the answers), download & filed in my game folder.  I have to set up a system so that I will not repeat cryptograms.  That part I already figured out.  So by September, I should have a nice stash of cryptograms to post.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac,   Is your CryptoQuote app the one from the developer, "Apps From Outer Space, LLC"?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

YUP!  That's the one.....

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at Tue, Aug 13, 2019-3.08.24 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Mz iMac!