Honored Contributor

Re: Answer to Robocalls?

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:
Voicemail is pretty much obsolete now....few people like getting them as they are annoying and texting is so much faster and easier. I block every call that comes on my cellphone if I don’t recognize the number. I hit answer, end, and then block. The next call will be from the same number with the last digit changed, for some reason the calls are not nearly as often for the past week...maybe one of the robocall centers that was shut down was sending calls to my area. Cut the landlines...you will get fewer robo calls on your cell

@lovesrecess 

In our area they seem to be targeting cell phones more now.....A friend said in just about 10 minutes she had 15 calls blocked during that time all from out of state area codes and unrecognizable numbers in that short period of time...

I have had many too...I block the number and they call back ....I think that number must be a spoofed number than the one they're actually using....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Answer to Robocalls?

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Carmie , I’ve read that pressing any number to get the caller to stop calling you just tells the caller ‘we got a live one’. This is why you keep receiving their calls.

I have received hundreds of calls from this company...with at least 50 different phone numbers. These calls have been coming for about a year and a half.  It has only been a few times this past week that I have been answering, I block the calls when I am here immediately, but when I am not here, the answering machine picks up and I block them later.

The call log I posted are from my answering machine.  I have only tried to press a number a few times this past week.  I am at my wits end.

No matter if I answer and speak to a rep, block the call or press to be removed nothing has changed.  I am willing to do anything to get these calls to stop.

I am thinking about buying that red button that QVC sells to block phone numbers...my phone blocker only holds 250 numbers and it is full.

The calls are all a recording, never a live person unless you press a number to speak to a person.  The number you push is different on each call.

The calls appear to be selling Obama care, not Medicare supplements or Advantage Plans.  

@Carmie 

I got bombarded from Amerigroup Healthcare and United Health Care.....I have never been affiliated nor approached either company with an inquiry, I am on Federal and State DoNot Call.....I never picked up but they left a recording....What I did was go to the Better Business Bureau's website and filed an online complaint that they were in violation of Do Not Call laws .....it took a bit for the company to respond to the BBB and get the situation resolved....Go to the BBB and enter their name, leave State blank and select no thanks for location(there are several Affordable Health Care companies listed) then select the one based in your state BBB will assign a case number and contact the business and follow up with you, provide them with that list of calls as proof......

Good Luck!

If they are just scammers and are a fraudulent group overseas this won't work.....but perhaps worth a try since the name is listed as a company based in U.S...Interesting a couple of their offices in California closed but still in other cities in California, Tx, Oh...etc

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Carmie , I’ve read that pressing any number to get the caller to stop calling you just tells the caller ‘we got a live one’. This is why you keep receiving their calls.

I have received hundreds of calls from this company...with at least 50 different phone numbers. These calls have been coming for about a year and a half.  It has only been a few times this past week that I have been answering, I block the calls when I am here immediately, but when I am not here, the answering machine picks up and I block them later.

The call log I posted are from my answering machine.  I have only tried to press a number a few times this past week.  I am at my wits end.

No matter if I answer and speak to a rep, block the call or press to be removed nothing has changed.  I am willing to do anything to get these calls to stop.

I am thinking about buying that red button that QVC sells to block phone numbers...my phone blocker only holds 250 numbers and it is full.

The calls are all a recording, never a live person unless you press a number to speak to a person.  The number you push is different on each call.

The calls appear to be selling Obama care, not Medicare supplements or Advantage Plans.  

@Carmie 

You might want to investigate Digitone Proseries Blocker.  It was the highest rated blocker in Consumer Reports. It can block by name, number, area code or exchange.  It also blocks up to 1,000 numbers.  In your case, if you blocked the name one time you wouldn't have to continually block all those numbers.  

Honored Contributor

Have you ever looked at your phone bill?  All taxes are passed onto the user as it is.  Same thing with the cable bill and many others.

I pay....no...we all pay a lot of money in taxes already.

My daughter rents her house, isn't married, has no children.  She pays and pays and (well you get the idea) in taxes.

She received a huge bonus from work.  I figured (and had always heard) 1/2 of the amount would come out in taxes.  Nope, more than 1/2 came out in taxes.

Respected Contributor

My phone number along with my name were hijacked, spoofed.  Wonder how this would be handled.  I am not making the calls!  

Trusted Contributor

Does blocking the numbers really do anything to reduce the robocalls? They switch numbers all the time. 

Last Friday I was called at least 25 times. They were coming in two to four per hour. All the same garbled message about the IRS. Saturday  morning this continued until about noon.