Honored Contributor

YES, that is what  i said, i keep having a problem with some of my masks, they slide up towards my eyes, then i have to adjust them,wondering if this is because they are too big for my face.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest -

Some of mine do that too and you are probably right; that they are a little too big or loose. I have some adjustable ones that I like and when they slide up I think its because I left them where they weren't too tight and I could breathe well!

So it's a catch 22 or 6 of one half dozen of the other😷 But I'm glad you mentioned this cause I'm going to try tightening it a little more and see how that goes.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

It sounds like they are too big.  In my family we do not wear those washable cloth masks we wear disposable medical masks.  My sister is very tiny and she buys children's disposable masks from Amazon, there is a medical supply store she goes to that also sells children's disposable masks.  

Respected Contributor

A lot of the disposable mask have a little bar across the top inside the mask that you can pinch to make it tighter across the bridge of your nose. They work really good.

Honored Contributor

The ones i have this problem with is mostly the disposable ones.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

You know...you can tape the mask to your face with medical bandage tape. I do this around the top to prevent fogging (I wear glasses). It is a great hack.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

The ones i have this problem with is mostly the disposable ones.

Do you pinch the bar at the top to adjust if to your nose?  Also the elast the goes over your has loop that allows to adjust the mask for a custom fit.  And the accordian pleat is also there to let you adjust the mask in the chin area.  Some people just take them out of the box and don't even realize they can be adjusted.

Respected Contributor

I have masks with a pocket for a filter.  I put a twist tie ( like you use on a trash bag) up in the nose area through that pocket area, and use that to pinch it close to the top of my nose.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest   You can get mask guards at Amazon that are like plastic forms that keep your mask on and allow you to breath better.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another mask question

[ Edited ]

I use the disposable medical masks and had the same problem with it riding up and interfering with my vision.

I solved that problem, as well as closing the gap on the sides, by using one of these:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.cYrJWrpVYGINgCIbiWFK_QHaHa%26pid%3DApi&f=1

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.