Honored Contributor

Another hurricane

[ Edited ]

I’m tired of this watching and waiting. I think I’ve burned out. We were lucky for fifty years, here in S. Florida. Storms were not hitting us for those years. Now, it’s like a game of Russian roulette every year. 

Honored Contributor

You thinking of moving away, @Mindy D?

Valued Contributor

!!! Survived Hurricane Andrew, August 23, 1992 Miami, Florida.No shutters, family visiting, friend who lived by the water came to stay with girlfriend of the weekend. No one thought it would hit West Kendall! HAD a new roof. Screen enclosure destroyed and in pool. All trees down in the neighborhood.Worst hurricane to hit until Irma. 27 billion in damages. We learned a lot after that.

Respected Contributor

We got plenty of room in Az. tons of houses for sale & no hurricane worries. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I’m tired of this watching and waiting. I think I’ve burned out. We were lucky for fifty years, here in S. Florida. Storms were not hitting us for those years. Now, it’s like a game of Russian roulette every year. 

@Mindy D  I don’t blame you. I’m further inland and we keep getting whacked with the Cat 1’s or tropical storms for the past 2 years. I love the Florida coast, but my nerves couldn’t take the excitement every year. 

Honored Contributor

Time to move to higher ground.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Climate change.  The oceans are warmer and that means an increase in tropical storms and hurricanes but worst, an increase an their strength.  We living through that now.  It's just the new reality.

Trusted Contributor

I am further up the coast but too am watching this storm.

Honored Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

I am further up the coast but too am watching this storm.

Storm track models are converging on Orlando but the cone of uncertainty is very large. It’s too early to tell where it’s heading. Stay safe MissPepsi. We picked up some extra water to avoid the crowds.

Respected Contributor

Another hurricane?  I haven't been aware there have been any that made landfall.  It's almost September, peak hurricane season, we've usually had several by now that hit the US.   Our summer has been hot and dry.