Honored Contributor

Another Source For Cloth Masks

I only want to wear 100% cotton cloth masks. I found out that a place in my neighborhood that makes custom tee shirts and custom signs also sells masks. I went over there on Friday and they had several styles to choose from at very reasonable prices (the most costly one being made of eco friendly materials but still not expensive.)

I found exactly what I wanted among all the choices. 100% cotton (from Tultex the tee shirt brand) with with ties (I didn't want elastic although there had those too). It's super soft against my face and the ties give me a perfect custom fit. It was $4.98 - I bought a couple. It's plain white, not pretty but exactly what I wanted for a mask. The company said they are usually sold in packs of five but since I came in person (as opposed to ordering online) I could just buy whatever I needed.

For those of who have custom tee shirt businesses in your city, they too could be a resource for masks if you are looking for masks.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Another Source For Cloth Masks

I just found out my seamstress was open the whole time and had made masks. I asked why she didn't call to let me know. Her husband told her not to bother people...aargh, it was so hard finding masks that didn't take 4-5 weeks to ship. 
I went ahead and bought a couple from her to support her and gave one to a friend. The loops were too wide on the other so she's fixing it for me.

I have quite a selection now so am out of that market...thank goodness. That hunting for masks was quite an effort as I was also hunting for our 2 daughters, son in law and 3 grandchildren. Of course when I ordered for me I ordered for my husband.

Honored Contributor

Most people have access to the NextDoor app which is a board similar to this where neighborhood issues are discussed.  There have been quite a few people on mine offering masks for sale.

I heard today they should be woven, not knit, cotton at least 3  layers thick in order to be effective.  A mask with elastic ear loops is handy for wearing to get your hair done or you'll have to sit and hold it over your face.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I won't have to hold my mask on my face. I have a pkg of disposable masks with ear loops. I also have a mask a neighbor made and I much prefer the ones I bought from the tee shirt business.

I never said the tie masks I just bought were the only masks I own. I sure did love not having to wait for the ones I bought Friday to be shipped, to your point @Sadiesadie.