Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another Ryan Lochte update...

@momtochloe wrote:

For me, I don't think his medals are part of this conversation as he did nothing wrong in winning them and the financial damage his lying has done to his bottom line in my opinion are punishment enough.  I also think Brazil should back off as their hands are not clean here either.  It was a stupid situation that got out of control in a very extraordinary way.

This is one of those deals that I would let the markets decide.  I personally will not be watching DWTS nor purchasing or Googling those throat lozenges.

This isn't the first time his behavior has come into question (see Radaronline) but it is the first time it hit him in the wallet.  It's a shame he lost his Ralph Lauren contract as he was gorgeous in their ads and showcased him in what he does best out of the water . . . stand there and look beautiful and please for the love of God do not speak . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe, what did the Brazilians do?

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

For me, I don't think his medals are part of this conversation as he did nothing wrong in winning them and the financial damage his lying has done to his bottom line in my opinion are punishment enough.  I also think Brazil should back off as their hands are not clean here either.  It was a stupid situation that got out of control in a very extraordinary way.

This is one of those deals that I would let the markets decide.  I personally will not be watching DWTS nor purchasing or Googling those throat lozenges.

This isn't the first time his behavior has come into question (see Radaronline) but it is the first time it hit him in the wallet.  It's a shame he lost his Ralph Lauren contract as he was gorgeous in their ads and showcased him in what he does best out of the water . . . stand there and look beautiful and please for the love of God do not speak . . . Smiley Happy

@itiswhatitis there have been many reports that perhaps the security guards weren't as innocent as they have made themselves out to be and that maybe they were a tad more agressive in terms of flashing their guns until they got that money out of the swimmers to pay for the damage that Lochte did at that gas station.

For me, this is just an incredibly stupid incident that got way too much press coverage based on some again incredibly stupid moves by Lochte complicated by filing that false report.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@itiswhatitis there have been many reports that perhaps the security guards weren't as innocent as they have made themselves out to be and that maybe they were a tad more agressive in terms of flashing their guns until they got that money out of the swimmers to pay for the damage that Lochte did at that gas station.

For me, this is just an incredibly stupid incident that got way too much press coverage based on some again incredibly stupid moves by Lochte complicated by filing that false report.

@momtochloeThey were doing their jobs.  From what I gather they followed the proper course of action.  Athletes vandalized property.  I think those guards acted like many American LE officers.  Oh well.  I hope everyone can learn a lesson from this.  Especially, Mr. Lochte.  Besides, who are we to determine how they "police" in Brazil?  It's their country and they may do things very different from the USA.  Even with the quick to the gun decisions.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloeThey were doing their jobs.  From what I gather they followed the proper course of action.  Athletes vandalized property.  I think those guards acted like many American LE officers.  Oh well.  I hope everyone can learn a lesson from this.  Especially, Mr. Lochte.  Besides, who are we to determine how they "police" in Brazil?  It's their country and they may do things very different from the USA.  Even with the quick to the gun decisions.

@itiswhatitis excellent point!  I think there was just way too much testosterone in that gas station made worse by over imbibed alcohol . . . sigh.

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@itiswhatitis excellent point!  I think there was just way too much testosterone in that gas station made worse by over imbibed alcohol . . . sigh.

Yes, I agree about that Testosterone!  

*Call Tyrone*
Valued Contributor

@hckynut

At the expense of Rio, the lies he told were a reflection on Rio.

Esteemed Contributor

@Miranda1550 Can you elaborate?  Rio did nothing wrong in this regard.

@Miranda1550 wrote:

@hckynut

At the expense of Rio, the lies he told were a reflection on Rio.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

The MAN needs to be punished/fined.  He lied and it concerned law enforcement.  Unforgiveable.

@Puzzle Piece

Punished by whom?    Fined how much, and by whom?

As mentioned previously, there's a lot of NFL players who've abused women or children and not much is said about it, as long as their teams win.   Do you really think what Ryan did is "unforgiveable" .... and you think ... what? .... his life and career should be over for lying?  Really?

Yes, in my book book he is unforgiveable.  Did I mention (WHERE) that his life and career should be over........WHERE.  Why do you always exagerrate and imagine things people write when not a thing like that was written on my part.  Really. Where is NFL mentioned in this thread or that subject...........are you on another thread somewhere?

@Puzzle Piece

I guess I wasn't clear .....  Regarding your insistence that what he did was "unforgiveable",  I was asking if you thought his career should be over.   Asking.   Sorry if it was confusing for you.

The NFL comment about their athletes' sins was made in Post #22.   No one is hiding their comments.

Lastly, I don't "always exaggerate"   ....  it was a fair question, based on your "unforgiveable" comment.  Sounds to me like you want to toss him in jail and throw away the key.   

IMO, At some point, if he makes amends and turns his life around, he should be forgiven.    

JMO

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Testosterone and alcohol = never a good combo, ever.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

For.REAL!!!! LOL!