Honored Contributor

A couple of weeks ago, a family of Bluebirds nested in one of our boxes and hatched and fledged 5 Bluebird babies!

Now, we have a new family in another box that have laid 5 eggs!

They're so much fun to watch while hatching and raising their family!Heart

10 more Bluebirds will now be in our world and we will probably get one more family before the season ends here. 

Mother Nature is so much fun, for me anyway!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Another 5 Bluebird Eggs!

No greater beauty than what Mother Nature shares with us.  (I'm including the birth of humans in my statement and not invoking any religious figure on purpose.  Whatever one believes, nature and birth are beautiful miracles.)

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom Oh!  What fun!  They are so blessed to have you as a mom!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Lucky you! I have bluebird houses but they've never been used.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Yes you are soooo lucky.  My bb house has been up 25 yrs and finally last yr (2018) a pair built a nest and I saw 3  blue eggs in it.  After that, I looked for babies (not in the box but on the ground) and didn't see any.  Finally in late fall I removed an empty nest. 

This yr another pair built a nest, but then disapeared (no eggs).  A few weeks later, a pair of small wrens added to the nest including blocking the entry hole, to the point nothng could get inside and it sits there empty.  

Hope I live long enough to see babies!

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom - You are so lucky. We have them all around our house but never had a nest. They even put nesting materials in my newspaper box and I had hoped we would have eggs.

They are just the cutest and so much fun to watch. I love watching and photographing nature.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been enjoying a family of bluebirds that swoop on to our platform feeder. Best I can tell it's the Mom, Dad, and two "young'uns." Ha! Bluebirds are a chirpy bunch. And the parents are very protective of those babies. I've seen them chase big ole blue jays away from the feeder while the young ones are there. And they've also gotten a chipmunk on the run a few times. Fearless!!!    

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  I'm also on my second nesting of bluebirds. Five beautiful blue eggs in the nesting box. So much fun to watch the mama blue bird fly back and forth to the box with pine straw building the nest while daddy sits on top of the box.  Tipical.

Honored Contributor

We had them too a few years ago, like turquoise, then one day we found them all cracked and broken, the vultures had gotten to them, so sad. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have never seen bluebirds.  I love the cardinals and blue jays.  We have plenty of those.

I rescued a little catbird last month that was sitting in the road.  I didn't know what type of bird it was till I brought it to the recovery place.  I think it's still alive and being cared for.  They are like mockingbirds.