Honored Contributor

Re: Annoying Ads that are OT

On 3/18/2015 HollyDays said:
On 3/18/2015 dooBdoo said:
On 3/18/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 3/18/2015 HollyDays said:

it's not the board. You might have some kind of virus that's causing the pop up ads.

No HollyDays, it's not a pop-up ad, it's actual threads started that once you open them are supposed testimonials for one great product or another with a link to take you to the product. They are poorly written and obvious scams and as dBd stated appear mostly in the health & fitness and beauty boards.

Hi, Buck-I-Nana! Yes, I'm guessing that's what gonnab is referring to. Those who aren't here in the wee hours of the night/morning never see them. I think they've gotten worse over time, and I don't expect to see anything done to stop them.

Sorry. I thought she meant pop ups. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}I haven't seen the ones you're referring to.

Hey, don't feel bad, Holly. It was the first thing I thought of, too, 'til I re-read the post.Smile Popups are a pain in the you-know-what.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

They're bots that get through whatever system they have. Generally they have 0 replies and have a link. I generally report them every morning and they get deleted whenever the mods get here.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

You would think that if they go to all that trouble that the language would be better. It would fool more people. SMH

Super Contributor

On 3/18/2015 gonnab said:

Why are we getting these ridiculously crazy ads on these boards? And why isn't WebMaster deleting them???? WM is always quick to poof other seemingly innocent threads or posts!

Not sure why you are posting this in VP - if this is happening on another forum.

Perhaps you would get a better response from the Q team if you posted this in the suggestion box.

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Cakers1 said:
On 3/18/2015 gonnab said:

Why are we getting these ridiculously crazy ads on these boards? And why isn't WebMaster deleting them???? WM is always quick to poof other seemingly innocent threads or posts!

Not sure why you are posting this in VP - if this is happening on another forum.

Perhaps you would get a better response from the Q team if you posted this in the suggestion box.

I hope she sees your comment and posts another thread in Q Talk.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova