Super Contributor

Re: Angry people of the Internet nowadays, Why?

I agree with everyone who thinks that the anonymous nature of boards like this gives some people the green light to say whatever they want. I doubt they would do that face to face. One poster actually told another poster that she/he seriously disliked the poster. That was really harsh. Just because we can be mean, cruel, obnoxious (pick your word) hiding on a board is no excuse for doing so. And while I am at it, I owe a big apology to Romary for once suggesting she was RRR. Romary is such a kind person and always defended RRR that I thought she was RRR. Please forgive me, Romary.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/4/2015 deepwaterdotter said:

Political partisanship has a lot to do with it. It sure does on this board.

What I've seen on this board is nothing in comparison to the battles and other things that are out there. When I was working for actors, an opposing fan base threatened one to such a degree that the studio doubled his security. THOSE are the real whack jobs of the net.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/4/2015 sidsmom said:

There's a tipping point, tho. It expands the mind to hear other ideas/opinions, but more often than naught, once EMOTION is injected, it spirals out of control.

I enjoy a good conversation/debate on these boards from time to time, but emotion causes the tone to get ugly & unwarranted.

Just in this micro-mini world here @ the Q Community, I'm STUNNED some of these posters are so grotesquely mean. Just recently, an OP called some posters "illiterate" & "bullheaded". =:0 Another popular poster uses ugly emotion but they wrap it around "$5 words"...not quite so obvious, but just as mean.

It's a classic sign of insecurity....and not controlling emotion (like examples above) is definitely a weak link in their mindset.

Instead of "Ignoring" someone, I report posts as Inappropriate. Most times posts are removed soon after I report, so QVC Moderators should be applauded for their work to control the few.

So you're having someone censored via a third party because you disagree with them? Ignore is a much more fair option.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2015 blahblahvampemerblah said:

There's a tipping point, tho. It expands the mind to hear other ideas/opinions, but more often than naught, once EMOTION is injected, it spirals out of control.

I enjoy a good conversation/debate on these boards from time to time, but emotion causes the tone to get ugly & unwarranted.

Just in this micro-mini world here @ the Q Community, I'm STUNNED some of these posters are so grotesquely mean. Just recently, an OP called some posters "illiterate" & "bullheaded". =:0 Another popular poster uses ugly emotion but they wrap it around "$5 words"...not quite so obvious, but just as mean.

It's a classic sign of insecurity....and not controlling emotion (like examples above) is definitely a weak link in their mindset.

Instead of "Ignoring" someone, I report posts as Inappropriate. Most times posts are removed soon after I report, so QVC Moderators should be applauded for their work to control the few.

So you're having someone censored via a third party because you disagree with them? Ignore is a much more fair option.

No. If you read the QVC Community Guidelines, it clearly states "no personal attacks". And QVC moderators apparently agree with me when said thread w/ personal attack is shut down. (Referencing the most current "HH" thread).

Respected Contributor

The internet just demonstrates and facilitates the same vanity of humanity that has always existed to differing degrees in all. An ugly, primal thing that can urge us toward hostility for anyone with differences of any kind.

Seemingly, if mankind itself was deaf, blind and mute existing within one world system with mutual beliefs and complete equality of resources... some would still turn on each other due to scent alone. Or something!

Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2015 RainCityGirl said:
On 3/4/2015 terrier3 said:
On 3/4/2015 RainCityGirl said:

I think social media has opened up a whole new can of worms. People have found it a sounding board for frustrations where they can say what they would never say to someone face to face. Politeness and decorum are not required when you're anonymous.

Just look at all the people who were nasty to Kurt Schilling's daughter on Facebook!

They posted terrible stuff under their own names with their own pictures!!!!

I didn't hear all the details on that story. Were these high school kids? They usually don't have the common sense to BE anonymous, particularly is they are using FaceBook.

My sports radio guys were talking about this during today's morning show. Wow. Simply wow. And they supported Curt w/ the actions he's taking. One of the hosts got several emails from a listener...the communication was OK...until the listener took it personal. Craig reached out to the listener's employer (sent on company email), spoke to his boss...and boss said he would take care of it. Hindsight, Craig wish he would've taken stronger action.

Super Contributor

No. If you read the QVC Community Guidelines, it clearly states "no personal attacks". And QVC moderators apparently agree with me when said thread w/ personal attack is shut down. (Referencing the most current "HH" thread).

sidsmom I agree with you and anyway its not like using Report poofs a post it's still the Webbie that decides what to do and if we hit that button too many times when we shouldn't then we get ourselves in trouble. Not sure why posters are threatened by somebody using Report now & then........

Trusted Contributor

On 3/4/2015 jessa said:

sidsmom I agree with you and anyway its not like using Report poofs a post it's still the Webbie that decides what to do and if we hit that button too many times when we shouldn't then we get ourselves in trouble. Not sure why posters are threatened by somebody using Report now & then......

I'm sorry, but I've been laying low the past few days but I cannot believe you said this. You mercilessly attacked me and mocked me not for doing something TO YOU but just because I wanted clarification on my own post from the moderators , and you have the gall to come here and post this?

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Regular Contributor

I almost had to give blood to connect with QVC. Ok, that did raise my blood pressure a little. Lol.
Regular Contributor

Now I got s message that I will have to have my 4 digit pin # if I order. I threw that away,when they requested a new sign in months ago. Guess I can no longer order. What do I need to do?