Honored Contributor

"You are not Will Smith!"

and who is walking these "incontinent dogs" lol!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay You are so welcome!  It has made my day several times so far. Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Angry Italian Mayors

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 

I just watched this again, and the one that follows, which goes on a bit longer. 

I'm still laughing.

I would love to see these men interviewed when all this is over.  I wonder if they know how famous they have become.

It reminded me of a story involving my Italian grandparents at their Brooklyn house.

The phone rings.  Grandma is downstairs, and Grandpa is up stairs....they both pick up at the same time.  By then, the caller has hung up.

So, now, they are yelling to each other over the phone.   Each not fully understanding what has happened.  The conversation went on for a few minutes before the phones slammed down.

What dear people they were.  I wish I could hear their voices again.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman -

😂You pictured it all so well!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

But on a serious note, Lawrence Ferlinghetti wrote The Old Italians Dying in the 70s and ever since then it really has felt that we're losing them.

My mother and most of her family are dead.  Fewer cities, it seems, have a Little Italy or even an Italian festival.  The Little Italys that do exist are getting "littler."

In Italy, the younger Italians aren't having as many children.  The older Italians are dying with this virus.

It's devastating to see Italy affected this way.

On a brighter note, Ferlinghetti just had his 101st birthday.  And I finally found some linguine at the grocery store!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman Lol 😂 

@just bee I understand but luckily we're loud enough and have such huge personalities that even diminished in numbers they've captured the world's admiration and entertained us at the same time.  No one can call you estupido for your own good with absolute love and humor like an Italian can.  ❤️