Esteemed Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

@Carmie   As an only child whose parents were 40 and 41 when they had me in 1946, I do not feel cheated as you stated in any way shape or form.  You stated a child's view, you should have said your view, it's your personal feelings.  

I was the last of the grandchildren on both sides......on my mother's side, the nearest one to me in age was 23 years older and on my father's side, 13 years older.

I feel so grateful for the parents I had and treasure their love.  My father was 65 when he passed and my mother was 78.  I wouldn't trade them for anything in this world and I never, ever measured what anyone else had in their home life as compared to mine.

My husband was 47 years old when we had our son and I was 33.  My husband passed away at 88 when my son was 41.  My son feels the same as I.

I am grateful for what I had rather than what I didn't.  My parents were a blessing in my life in all their glory!  I wouldn't want them any other way.  It's not the age that children need but an abundance of love and caring that is important for a child.

@Somertime 

Your relationship with your parents was loving and you have worded it beautifully. Thank you for sharing the bond of love between all parents no matter the age! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

If you have ever seen a pic of Wyatt, there is no doubt who the biological father is.  Anderson's eyes all the way.

@depglass 

I am glad that I am reading through the entire thread before responding. oftentimes I do not, and you end up repeating what someone else has already stated.

I was going to say the exact thing. The oldest boy looks just like Anderson you can tell by the eyes, he is definitely the biological father.

Respected Contributor

Aw..looking at the pictures takes me back to my days as a new mom.  Congrats to AC!

As children, we don't get to plan our birth so it's not our decision.  My parents were 24 and 27 when I was born, the 3rd of what would be 7 children.  Wouldn't change a thing although I couldn't anyway.  Loved growing up in a large family.  

Trusted Contributor

Some women are professional surrogates, carrying children for others who can not have them. Most of the time, the surrogate is not the bio mother of the child she is carrying. 

Thank goodness for women who will rent out their wombs. I know 2 people who have used surrogates for all of their children (the women haven't been able to carry a baby to term) and the children are all biologically theirs.

@skatting44 wrote:

My first thought is how can any woman who gives birth to a child " give the child up " .

How can one  take money for a child . I don't get it .  A Maternal bond is so strong

Esteemed Contributor

@JamandBread 

Lovely reply to a thoughtless comment. Thanks!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

Yes, and he is beyond perfect!!!

CONGRATS to all!!!!

Valued Contributor

yes

Valued Contributor

Are you serious???

NO, he SHOULD NOT be a grandparent in his early 50's- That's ridiculous!

There are NO guarantees in life- Young parents could drop dead at any moment!

Esteemed Contributor

Most shocking about this thread is that surrogacy seems to be a new topic to some posters!  It's been around for years.

And the "maternal instinct" is not equivalent in all women, as if every female is generic and formulaic.  In some it is minimal (or non existent.)

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

Anderson is successful and financially secure. He is sharing raising the children with his ex partner, who is his best friend. The ex is currently officially adopting Wyatt. He will be parent to both the boy's, too. They also have many close friends. Unlike many with limited resources, these children will always be provided for and have unlimited opportunities. 

We're surrounded by far too many children with bleak futures and often empty stomachs. I'm pretty sure they'd trade their situation for the risks of having an aging parent they may lose too soon. After all, many children become orphans when their young parents die. It's why responsible parents make plans for such early on.

We'd all live our lives differently, if we were born with an expiration date. Since we're not, we can't live our lives fearing it. 

I'm happy for this adorable family. Love to share brings boundless joy. 

@BlueFinch 

Although it's not something we think about, too many young parents  (that die young)  die leaving their family very vulnerable.  Some don't buy life insurance because they ar eyoung and think they have decades before they'll have to think about those things.   A young family left destitute is sad, but it happens.  At times like that, the parents' age is meaningless.