Honored Contributor

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

His children are beautiful.

I wonder why he waited until he was "old" to have children.  I am the child of older parents as well as three of my siblings.

At his age he should be a newPopPopp and not a Dad of a newborn...just my opinion from personal experience.

I hope he lives a long life and can keep up with his sons.

@Carmie  Anderson Cooper is 54 years old... Not that old to have children. 

I know how old he is.  My father had children in his 50's.  I am one of them.  Physically a man can have children at an older age, but their children get cheated out of having a parent.  

I envy the posters here who are my age and still have their parents.  I lost mine years ago and my children and my siblings children were cheated out of grandparents.  They have 11 grandchildren and only met three of them...my children, but only one was old enough to remember.

When this new baby graduates from High School, Anderson will be 72.  

There is nothing wrong with having children when you're older, but IMO, it is better to be younger.

IMO age doesn't make a good/healthy parent... A lot of "younger" parents, doesn't make good/healthy parents. That's what matters to me, not how long they live. Also with a younger parent there is no guarantee they will be around for a long, long time.

@pugvette74 That is easy to say and hard to live.  You can wind up 70 and have health issues and financial issues, and your 100 year old parent is ill and in care, but here you are with everone's issues and financial problems and have been since you were 40.

Older parents often demand that kids be adults from the time they are born, and often don't have the time or the mindset to deal with small children.  It's a fact--they are already at midlife, worried about finances and retirement, career, your cousins are old enough to be your parents, you have no relatives your age, and I could go on and on and on.  And don't say money makes up because it doesn't. 

Esteemed Contributor

My first thought is how can any woman who gives birth to a child " give the child up " .

How can one  take money for a child . I don't get it .  A Maternal bond is so strong

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
I was a first time parent at 45. My son is 34 and my grands are 9 and 11; it can be a good eding.
Respected Contributor

Anderson is successful and financially secure. He is sharing raising the children with his ex partner, who is his best friend. The ex is currently officially adopting Wyatt. He will be parent to both the boy's, too. They also have many close friends. Unlike many with limited resources, these children will always be provided for and have unlimited opportunities. 

We're surrounded by far too many children with bleak futures and often empty stomachs. I'm pretty sure they'd trade their situation for the risks of having an aging parent they may lose too soon. After all, many children become orphans when their young parents die. It's why responsible parents make plans for such early on.

We'd all live our lives differently, if we were born with an expiration date. Since we're not, we can't live our lives fearing it. 

I'm happy for this adorable family. Love to share brings boundless joy. 

Honored Contributor

If you have ever seen a pic of Wyatt, there is no doubt who the biological father is.  Anderson's eyes all the way.

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

My first thought is how can any woman who gives birth to a child " give the child up " .

How can one  take money for a child . I don't get it .  A Maternal bond is so strong

Not everyone has a maternal bond. I haven't been in this kind of situation, but I can see where sometimes a woman could give up a child. Depends on the circumstances. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Happy for the family, including Welsh Springer Spaniel doggy sibling "Lilly".  8)

Anderson is in excellent shape and his mom lived to age 95; he (and the kids) will be fine.

Trusted Contributor

@Auntie CC wrote:

when you are very rich you can buy anything!

True -  look at Michael Jackson!  

Honored Contributor

It's very easy to dismiss what other people's lives have been like if yours has worked out great. 

Trusted Contributor

Welcome to the world Sebastian Luke!   Love that name!  Congratulations Anderson on your beautiful son!