Esteemed Contributor

@cotton4me  Sorry, I was mistaken.  My husband said he did all that after I submitted my "specimen"..... He logged in.  

I just went there and there was a whole list of cousins (2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.)  You know what I mean.  It tells me when the last time they logged on, etc.  and how to contact them if I want to.

So now, what is the next step???  But, I never got anything from them telling me they received anything....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ancestry dot com

[ Edited ]

@sophiamarie

It sounds like the results are in if Ancestry is giving you matches.  When you log into Ancestry - -  there's a black menu bar across the top. If you click on "DNA" a drop down menu of options will appear.  At the top of that list should be "Your DNA Results Summary".  That's where you should find your results.  

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@151949wrote:

I gave DH a DNA test thru Ancestry for his birthday. They give you a list of people you appear to be related to per your DNA. He already knew all the names on his list - all first or second cousins.

A set of identical twins I used to work with had their DNA  tested and they got different results. Go figure.

Identical twins share similar genes, not identical DNA once the egg splits.  There are numerous reports online.  @JaneMarple Is correct.

Not sure what different results means.  It would seem they would be related to the same people.