Honored Contributor

Instacart has a $35 minimum for any delivery. What happens if your order is more than $35 but because of refunds or substitutions during the shopping, it drops below that minimum?

I'm starting to use Amazon Fresh quite a bit, and so my Instacart lists are shrinking.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

My experience has been that as long as your original list meets the $35 minimum, even if there's a substitution or they don't have an item, there's no problem. If a substitution is more or less than the originally requested item they will either refund or add the amount. 

Honored Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

My experience has been that as long as your original list meets the $35 minimum, even if there's a substitution or they don't have an item, there's no problem. If a substitution is more or less than the originally requested item they will either refund or add the amount. 

@K9buddy, thanks so much. I hope that is the case.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

@suzyQ3  I agree with the others.  As long as my initial order met the minimum, it didn't make a difference later if there were substitutions or discounts.  I think you'll be ok if that happens to you.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: An Instacart question

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 there is an interesting article that Kim Komando just released about Instacart and it is not good.  Please read.  I won't use them.  

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

What could anyone get at the grocery store for 35 bucks.?   lol !!   Isnt a loaf of bread about that, lol.  Seriously, I dont think it is worth spending around 35 because of the fees. The can add up.   I usually wait, and get everything together.  But i can see if I need one item or something.  But in that  way, I am more than fortunate, as my grand is my personal assistant, lol.  She is out of work, so I am totally taking advantage of the situation.  I pay her of course.  I am so spoiled now I do not know what I will when she goes back to work.

Super Contributor

There is no penalty if the order drops below $35 because of items out of stock.

Super Contributor

What is so bad about them?     They have wonderful service in my area and they have very polite and courteous shoppers who really try to please you.  I have had nothing but good experiences with them.  

Valued Contributor

To learn what is going on with Instacart google

Instacart and the dark web

It is being reported by many different organizations and not just by Kim Komando, I initially heard about this disturbing news as I subscribe to her newsletter.  

Honored Contributor

Re: An Instacart question

[ Edited ]

@K9buddy wrote:

Same situation with me.  I started back in May, and I use it every week.  In fact...I like it so much, I will continue to use it pandemic or not.  I'm a member, so delivery is free