Respected Contributor

I think she always looks fabulous!

Respected Contributor

She looks terrific in her pregnancy.  I think LOGO is perfect as maternity wear!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Amy needs to control Lori a lot better than she does.  She needs to get through the color choices without Lori going off on the garments features before she does.   She doesn't take control enough - Lori has control of the show mostly and that's not how it should be. Other hosts control Lori better.

I also don't think Amy is prepared.  Oftentimes she doesn't know the names of the colors that are abbreviated on her cards. She needs to review what's in the show first and if in doubt about a color abbreviation, ask before the show.  She gets them wrong too often.  "Cam" recently was camo green not chamomile, as just one example.  She also had no clue last week how to pronounce "haute" or what it was, and kept checking with Lori. Really, she's never heard of "haute couture?"  Again,  she needs to prepare much better and go over her products with her informational cards before the show, which clearly she doesn't.

She's not the only female host that's not prepared, but I think she's the biggest offender. I think her lazy use of the English language and grammar is just sad, not hip like I think she means it to be.

@blackhole99  I never said she was the only one.  I wrote that basically in disagreement of the poster somewhere above me who commented that Amy is always prepared.   No, she certainly isn't.

@Pearlee Oh for COL, why do people have to analyze every word someone says and then take it personally. I realize everyone has an opinion and I respect that, I was expressing my view on Amy and the hosts in general.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's argumentative

Honored Contributor

I posted in another thread that it seems like Amy has been pregnant forever.  I don't mean that in a mean way, it just does.

I have a relative who recently had a baby. She wore high heels, mostly wedges, throughout her entire pregnancy and believe me, she was big.  But like Amy, from behind you would have never known she was pregnant.  She was all belly but big belly.  LOL

Most hosts have said they put their heels on to walk out and do their show and as soon as the show is done, the heels come off.  One of the hosts posted a photo quite awhile ago of herself standing off camera, in a pair of Ugg looking boots, with her heels in her hand so she could put them on.  

Respected Contributor

I just don't understand why a woman would risk teetering on high heels while that pregnant. I would think it would be easy to lose balance with all that concentrated extra weight throwing you off.  For what? At some point, a woman should care more about other things than how fashionable she must be. Priorities.

Esteemed Contributor

Speaking of high heels, this was said about Ginger Rogers:

"Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, except backwards and in high heels."

Women rock!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

I am a nurse and worked OB the first 20 years of my career and the last 28 years as a nurse in the corporate world.  I support any woman who works through her pregnancy.  Most women work right up to their due date to extend a maternity leave.  Women have to compete for their jobs, run a household, in most cases assist their significant other, cook, clean and in Amy's case care for a young child.  I applaud Amy and any other pregnant woman in the workforce.  It's tough and exhausting. 

Amy is not my BFF but is selling a product.  She is young, hip, enthusiastic and adorable.  Imho, Amy is the most stylish host....she is not trying to be anything other than who she is....she dresses appropriately, has her own sense of style and looks wonderful in clothing even at 8 mos.  I never hear her complain or state she wishes to be on a constant vacation, nor does she whine....she is not on PBS but a shopping channel and I could care less about her style of speech.   It's not relevant to me and my purchasing habits. 

Amy, to me, seems like a happy well adjusted young woman and has her priorities straight.    Go Amy! 

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

I just don't understand why a woman would risk teetering on high heels while that pregnant. I would think it would be easy to lose balance with all that concentrated extra weight throwing you off.  For what? At some point, a woman should care more about other things than how fashionable she must be. Priorities.

When she is presenting clothing why not? She isn't going to break anything. I remember when I was young, healthy and in perfect shape and wearing high heels was easy for me while pregnant. I never even gave it a second thought. Now, I would not be able to do it even not pregnant but I am glad I had fun and looked fashionable back in the day....

Amy has looked so stylish throughout her entire pregnancy. A beautiful lady....

Respected Contributor

I think Amy does a great job! She doesn't make up cutesy words or try to talk like a teenager. She also doesn't have four or five shows named after her, really The find on Tuesday with Shawn and The Shop on Wednesday with Kerstin, whats that for, what you couldn't find on the shop on Tuesday you will find on the shop on Wednesday? Sounds like something Dr. Seuss would write.

There are some hosts who have been there for a long time that dont have any shows with their name on it. All it does for me is take mental note not to watch.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18