Honored Contributor

If you received an American Express card offer with a 0% introductory APR for 15 months, would you accept the card?

Also it offers a $200 rebate if you purchase $1,000 worth of products or balance transfers within three months.  Variable rate after that is 18.49% if you don't pay your monthly balances in full. 

If you carry a balance, they "may" accrue finance charges.  That is different from the cards that I have used in the past with 0% up front for various periods of time.

Never had an Amex card before and hope someone here can give me a heads up.  Thx.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Re: American Express Card offer

I use is AmEx exclusively for everything I purchase. Love the 6% back on groceries, 3% on gas and 1% on everything else. They are great if you have disputes with a purchase. They deal with it NOT U!  Have had AmEx for 20+ years. I pay my bill off every month. Never carry over charges as I don't want to pay iinterest. 

Trusted Contributor

@LilacTree  Isn't there an annual fee for AmEx? And no, I would not get one. That apr seems high but I always pay my regular card in full each month.

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@LilacTree  Isn't there an annual fee for AmEx? And no, I would not get one. That apr seems high but I always pay my regular card in full each month.

@grandma2pkmh

No, no annual fee, clearly stated.  And cash limit of $6,000.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

The annual fee for the Gold card is $ 95.00. No fee for the Blue card. I have found several businesses that don't accept American Express so that is a drawback.

Respected Contributor

I have two AMEX cards and I use them nearly exclusively. After that it's Discover. I love my AMEX cards as they both provide great benefits and their customer service is outstanding. However; both carry an annual fee, but they're offset by free Uber rides, airline fee rebates, airline club access, rental car insurance, and no FOREX charges if I use them abroad. 

What is the annual fee for the card you're considering? What benefits does it provide? WIll you use the benefits? I pay my balances in full every month, so the interest rate and finance charges are not a consideration. It's what the card is going to do for me that matters. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Nope, I only use a card that pays me back, 2% on all purchases in this case. That can add up quite nicely.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

No

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

No .... I have Master Card and Visa (one for online and one for normal in person use)

I get generous points on both .... pay in full each month.  No interest, no annual fee, and I make money on the deal!

Respected Contributor

SillleeMe: "Nope, I only use a card that pays me back, 2% on all purchases in this case. That can add up quite nicely.Woman Happy"

AmEx gives 6%, 3%,1% beats what you are using. Check it out!