Valued Contributor

I have never used Amazon but finding a great deal on a D&B leather tote. It's almost half the price of what D&B sells it for even with a great deal this weekend.

How is Amazon able to sell it for so much less? I have no idea about anything to do with Amazon but thinking of ordering this tote.

Any thoughts on Amazon in general?

TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Love Amazon

1.  Great customer service

2.  Find most anything with choice of sellers who determine prices

3.  Fast shipping

4.  Rewards for buying 

5.  Free shipping with Prime for most products

6.  Easy to contact

7.  Many reviews for products

They are my go-to place to order for just about everything

Honored Contributor

Amazon is very reputable and we've ordered from them for years.  If they have something for less, it may be since they can reach more people by suggesting items, they were given some to sell.

If the vender sells through Amazon and Amazon acts as the "middle agent" of sorts, just be sure your vender has a good star rateing.  I've never had a problem.  I've gotten facial products, loads of paperbacks that I didn't have to order new, handbags, CD's, a great "boom" box for my bath where I can play the radio or CD's, Miracle suit bathing suits, a designer scarf, several pair of shoes, and a UVA/UVB canopy for vacation.  

Honored Contributor

I agree with @bonnielu's list, and @ECBG's comments,  in general.  But I'd add that the prices on Amazon aren't always the lowest and their prices also sometimes can rather wildly fluctuate up and down on the same listing.    So it's good to compare, and also to keep an eye on the item's price.   Also, there's been some controversy about the validity of the reviews.   I don't subscribe to Prime, but I've found it's not terribly hard to meet the minimum for free shipping when I do shop from the site.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Just another comment.  No need to have Prime.  dooBdoo is correct about minimum for free shipping.  As for the reviews, like anything else opinions can vary.  In my case I also search google for product reviews and even check QVC in case they sell the same thing.  

I have written many reviews myself and I try to be as  careful and honest as I can, hopefully others do the same.  

Honored Contributor

I buy almost everything from Amazon. They are usually the lowest prices, great customer service and usually fast shipping. I love Amazon  and been with them for many years now and they've only gotten better.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I agree with @bonnielu's list, and @ECBG's comments,  in general.  But I'd add that the prices on Amazon aren't always the lowest and their prices also sometimes can rather wildly fluctuate up and down on the same listing.    So it's good to compare, and also to keep an eye on the item's price.   Also, there's been some controversy about the validity of the reviews.   I don't subscribe to Prime, but I've found it's not terribly hard to meet the minimum for free shipping when I do shop from the site.

@dooBdooThanks for that.  I have had it where they';ll have a notice where something has gone up/down.  I also love how you can look up orders that you've made.

Super Contributor

I shop on Amazon very often; I have bought the NEST perfumes for great prices, and today the same QVC special, Calista Hot Rollers for Long Hair, but for $53.95 with no tax & no shipping.....this order arrives in 2 days (I'm repeating some of this info!)

Trusted Contributor

I,too love Amazon and I subscribe to Prime. It has paid for itself on a couple of orders because anywhere else the shipping would have been outrageous. 

i love boutique shopping and I can get many things that I want on Amazon direct from the boutique but with Prime on most things. Plus they cost less in most cases and I recieve them in 2-3 days  

Honored Contributor

I have to agree with the others, and my letter carrier will confirm it!  LOL  Sometimes I think they are privately swearing about me because they're getting out of their vehicle several times a week to deliver packages to my front porch.  Amazon is great and my 
"Prime" membership is well worth the investment.