Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon - talk about bad shipping...

I have great experiences with Amazon, but I always make sure that I'm buying something that is "fulfilled by Amazon" and not an outside company which may be sourced on Amazon. You have to check carefully. 

Esteemed Contributor

From Amazon, on Nov 26th I ordered my nephew a clear rubics cube.  It was $4 with free shipping.  It said it was imported and in stock. It listed the name of the company,  I never clicked on it.

It came today.  It was shipped from China.  I had no idea it was coming from China. Every time I clicked on the tracking all it did was show a sliderule saying "It's on it's way" 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like the 15th date given  to OP was the earliest date given. I ordered from an Amazon UK seller on 11/23 and Amazon sent me an email stating:

Arriving:
Friday, December 16 -
Thursday, January 5

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

On Nov 29th  I ordered 2 books for DH for Christmas. On the 30th I got an e mail they had shipped but were coming from England and would not be here til the 15th. Fine.There was no tracking available on them though. Today I get an e mail that they only just shipped today and wont be here for a month. There is still no tracking available. I tried to cancel the order but they couldn't because they have shipped. So , at this point I hope DH doesn't mind waiting for his Christmas gift. At least I did get him something else as well, so he will have one package to open. I am so dissappointed in Amazon.

If you ordered a book from the used book area you can tell before ordering if it is coming outside of the US,  I have ordered many times. They come quicker than you would think, although this time of year might take longer.

If you want 2 day shipping it needs to come from Amazon prime

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@151949 wrote:

On Nov 29th  I ordered 2 books for DH for Christmas. On the 30th I got an e mail they had shipped but were coming from England and would not be here til the 15th. Fine.There was no tracking available on them though. Today I get an e mail that they only just shipped today and wont be here for a month. There is still no tracking available. I tried to cancel the order but they couldn't because they have shipped. So , at this point I hope DH doesn't mind waiting for his Christmas gift. At least I did get him something else as well, so he will have one package to open. I am so dissappointed in Amazon.

If you ordered a book from the used book area you can tell before ordering if it is coming outside of the US,  I have ordered many times. They come quicker than you would think, although this time of year might take longer.

If you want 2 day shipping it needs to come from Amazon prime

It is not a USED book and I certainly did not need 2 day shipping when I ordered on Nov29, for Christmas.

Respected Contributor

TOTALLY LOVE AMAZON...........did most of my xmas shopping from Amazon.......also ordered things, for myself, I need now from Amazon..........everything came ontime or early...........AMAZON IS THE BEST!!!!!!......................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo