Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:
Amazon

says it has removed 530,000 offers from the marketplace for coronavirus-based price gouging and suspended more than 2,500 seller accounts in its U.S. marketplace for violating its price-gouging policies.

apparently the company listens to customer feedback - so if you see it, report it.

Thank you Amazon for doing the right thingSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I reported a seller on Amazon for selling  one 8 Oz. hand sanitizer for $94. If an 8 Oz. usually sells for $9.49 this would be a 900% mark up.

What kind of hand sanitizer sells for $9.49 - even under normal circumstances?  I don't buy it that often.  About a month ago I did buy an 8 oz. container at Aldi for $1. 

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I bought the Lysol in the brown bottle from Amazon, said to kill coronavirus.  I can't remove the lid.  The lid is made for amother type bottle.  I have sent them emails and feedback, to no avail.  Perhaps that is a bottle of price gouging that I paid for and will not get my money refunded.

@Nonametoday   If you call Amazon they will refund your money immediately.  Just go into your orders and click on "return or replace items."  It will give you a choice, and check for them to call you.  Your phone will ring immediately.  It is very easy to deal with their customer service.  I've never had a problem getting a refund.  I deal with Amazon directly.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg well there ya go.  That explains a lot.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I reported a seller on Amazon for selling  one 8 Oz. hand sanitizer for $94. If an 8 Oz. usually sells for $9.49 this would be a 900% mark up.

@Mindy D   $9.49 for an 8 oz. hand sanitizer is outrageous.  Walgreens sells Purell for $3.79 for 8 oz.  It's on their website right now.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Reading through this thread - all of a sudden something came to mind from my senior year in high school.  (I graduated 60 years ago!)

I did a paper on humorous poets/poetry - and one of the poets was Arthur Guiterman and his poem "Strictly Germ-Proof."   

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon takes action

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

What kind of hand sanitizer sells for $9.49 - even under normal circumstances?  I don't buy it that often.  About a month ago I did buy an 8 oz. container at Aldi for $1. 

It's not the exact price of any particular hand sanitizer. The price I used was for making the math easier. The seller was selling for $94, so I used a price that made figuring the mark up easier.

When I last purchased, I paid $3.35 for 10 ounces of Purell Advanced. I checked my Publix Instacart delivery receipt from November 1, 2019 to verify this actual  price. This would be a markup of 2714.37%.

Esteemed Contributor

I brought a box of 150  gloves at Walgreens Wed. and it cost me 9.49. It was the last box on the shelve.  Could not find purely or alcohol, but have enough hand wipes for now.  In normal times, I always buy extra and have always carried wipes in purse, car and home.

What worries me is I have to go to DMV for driver,s test in a month and that place is always packed.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Good!  I bought a box of disposable gloves at a reasonable price yesterday.  When I had checked on the gloves a few days ago, the prices were out of line.

Oh no!  Not disposable gloves.  Gardening season is upcoming and I need those.  Plus, I use them when coloring my hair.

they come in hair dye boxes

@SharkE : That's true for the hair coloring kits they sell at the drugstore. But the "professional" bottles of hair dye l buy at the beauty supply store don't come with disposable gloves.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Glad to hear Amazon and Ebay is doing the right thing.

Now if we could just get the gas companies for price gouging raising their prices for holidays and summer vacation times.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)