Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon takes action

[ Edited ]

I reported a seller on Amazon for selling  one 8 Oz. hand sanitizer for $94. If an 8 Oz. usually sells for $9.49 this would be a 900% mark up.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Good!  I bought a box of disposable gloves at a reasonable price yesterday.  When I had checked on the gloves a few days ago, the prices were out of line.

Oh no!  Not disposable gloves.  Gardening season is upcoming and I need those.  Plus, I use them when coloring my hair.

they come in hair dye boxes

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday" I have sent them emails and feedback, to no avail."

Why didn't you call them?  confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am happy to read this. I saw several prices on water and hand sanitizers the other day that were grossly marked up, and wondered why Amazon had not addressed it. I did not think to report it, but am glad other customers had the wherewithal to. I purchased some household essentials this afternoon, and the prices were down by a few cents on several items.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Nonametoday" I have sent them emails and feedback, to no avail."

Why didn't you call them?  confused.gif

@Mz iMac   I probably will sooner or later.  It's been a busy week for me.  Lots of medical problems with DH, many doctor and hospital visits.  Some things just get put on the back burner.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Good!  I bought a box of disposable gloves at a reasonable price yesterday.  When I had checked on the gloves a few days ago, the prices were out of line.

Oh no!  Not disposable gloves.  Gardening season is upcoming and I need those.  Plus, I use them when coloring my hair.

@Icegoddess 

We use food safe gloves in the kitchen. It was hard to find those so I bought a case of 10 boxes of 100 per box or 1000 per case. LOL!!! Won't have to worry about buying those for a while. They were $38 on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@tansy wrote:

they come in hair dye boxes

@SharkE, I don't buy box dye.  

Honored Contributor

Oh, Ok.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I reported a seller on Amazon for selling  one 8 Oz. hand sanitizer for $94. If an 8 Oz. usually sells for $9.49 this would be a 900% mark up.

I reported two sellers and one wanted something like 350.00 for a package of two sanitizers.  I had to get a supervisor to take some action  though.  The customer service rep didn’t seem to understand what price gouging was or what to do about it.  I don’t think Amazon is doing a good job policing their site.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

I reported two sellers and one wanted something like 350.00 for a package of two sanitizers.  I had to get a supervisor to take some action  though.  The customer service rep didn’t seem to understand what price gouging was or what to do about it.  I don’t think Amazon is doing a good job policing their site.

Amazon gets a percentage of the selling price, listing fees, and whatever.