Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset  Not "making my case"...lol.  Not even sure why you think "I'm gaming the system"  I LEGALLY purchased movies.  They are mine, and in my library.   So please tell me again what I did wrong.  And I am not "bragging" about it.  You seem confused and like to throw accusations around like people need to be reported and arrested for LEGALLY doing things.  I have purchased books/movies/TV series that are in my library...and if someone wants to read/view them they can.  Because I purchased them.  Per Amazon, I can give my kindle to someone else to read any of my books...they are mine and the kindle is mine.  If I had a book you wanted to read you could borrow my kindle...that is not theft.  Again that is per Amazon.  And for someone who "could care less" you sure got bent out of shape about it, and was pretty quick to start throwing around accusations.  I let my son go in and find the chess set he wanted and put it in the cart.   I then went in and ordered it from my house, with my account and had it sent to him.  In your world I guess that's theft?  That's misuse?  So what FEE should he have PAID to go in and pick out the chess set and put it in my cart so I could order it?  That is not stealing or gaming the system in any way shape or manner.   He found the item, put it in the cart, logged out and I logged in and bought it and sent it.  Good grief.  And wonderful that your kids "gifted" you your subscription.  I am on my 7th kindle..  I have 5 active ones, the other 2 were trade ins.  I am quite aware of their policies, and have spoken to them many times regarding purchases, downloads, shares etc.  Never have I been in violation thank you.  Have a nice day.  . .   

Respected Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@eadu4  and @mom2four0418  I started this by talking about having family members on my account. Well, I'm here looking out my window waiting for the Amazon Police to get here.

We have been with Amazon Prime since 2005 and we love it.

If only the IGNORE button was still an option here..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@eadu4  and @mom2four0418  I started this by talking about having family members on my account. Well, I'm here looking out my window waiting for the Amazon Police to get here.

We have been with Amazon Prime since 2005 and we love it.

If only the IGNORE button was still an option here..

@mom2four0418  I'm with you on that one. Oh how I wish.

Honored Contributor

When Amazon first started and only sold books out of Bezos garage I used to order books that were delivered in a station wagon.  

I have never been a Prime member and seldom ordered until the pandemic started.  I have used them many times since then.  As long as I order $25 worth I do not pay shipping.  If things ever go back to normal I will quit using them.  

Super Contributor

Just an observation,  @gertrudecloset. For someone who could care less what @eadu4 does with their Prime Membership, you sure had a lot say about it in this conversation.

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Don't tell me @eadu4 make your case to Amazon about your son who is an active duty.  I don't care.  I simply stated that "I" personally would not be out here bragging about it.

I could care less For all we know there could be millions of people doing likewise.  When you are using the benefit in a way it is not intended it is gaming the system.  Getting a benefit you're not entitled to because you didn't pay the cost.

Maybe for you can make him a gift of Prime on a holiday!  My children gift me Prime and other subscriptions.  Just a thought.