Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon and Kohl’s returns

@tucsongal   Yeah, nice ploy right, to get us to spend more money in their store - NOT!

Honored Contributor

It's not just Kohl's they're doing this with.  You can return it in this same way (without packaging it back up) to the UPS Store.  I've done that with two items and my credit card was credited the same day.  The UPS store is very convenient for me.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Here's my follow-up from just speaking with an amazon rep on the phone:

I explained my return process at my local kohls from Friday Aug 1. She kindly looked at my account and she also did not see my refund processed. She immediately did the refund for me herself. She asked my feedback and I told her what happened. She also knows exactly which kohls I went to. She said she'd follow up with whomever she needed to speak with on this.

Of couser I thanked her much for her assistance.

Personally I do not recommend this process. I have very few returns to amazon, certainly not at all like I do here. I will make any further returns with amazon either with USPS or UPS.

Respected Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 Will UPS print out your return label.  I don't have a printer because I almost never use it.  I thought I had read somewhere that UPS will print out label and return receipt.  Thanks

Respected Contributor

@NickNack Hi Nicknack - Does UPS provide a label and print out receipt, etc.  I do not have a printer.

Trusted Contributor

I am lucky, the Kohl's is about 5 minutes away from my house.  I have a return of a cat toy so I will check out the process this week.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@tucsongal   Yeah, nice ploy right, to get us to spend more money in their store - NOT!

——————

Of course it’s a sales tactic as is the whole return collaboration. I just happen to shop at Kohl’s so it’s a convenient option for me. 

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 Will UPS print out your return label.  I don't have a printer because I almost never use it.  I thought I had read somewhere that UPS will print out label and return receipt.  Thanks

@tobes 

at kohls all you have to do is have a smart phone and pull up a code that can be scanned by them. they do all the rest. you dont even need a box.

my guess is is that UPS store offers the same service.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

I think it's a nice option especially if they box the return for you.  Just because you walk into a store doesn't mean you have to buy something, just use a little self-control.  I don't know why so many have their panties in a twist about this option, if you don't want to go to Kohl's, go where you've always been going.  For some it just might be more convenient.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

For me, it would be extremely time consuming to drive down to Kkohls and walk through the store to return something.  I have difficulty with much walking and Kohls is off my usual path.  I don't care for this arrangement.

@Kachina624,  I don't know if this is true with all Kohl's store, but at the one that I go to most often, the Amazon return area is right by the outside mall entrance to the store, you don't have to walk through the whole store. When I have an Amazon return, I drop off the return at the return desk, & then leave immediately. I don't go further into the store unless I have Kohl's returns at the same time.