Regular Contributor
So today I decided to return an item I purchased on Amazon. I printed the authorization, put it in it’s box (was a pair of shoes) and went to Kohl’s. They box, label and ship it back. I was a little concerned with it getting lost but it didn’t; in fact the return had been processed and with a credit to my account within hours.
Very pleased so far with this new collaboration
Pretty smart on the part of Kohl’s as it creates more traffic in the stores.
Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon and Kohl’s returns

For me, it would be extremely time consuming to drive down to Kkohls and walk through the store to return something.  I have difficulty with much walking and Kohls is off my usual path.  I don't care for this arrangement.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@summergal1 

i think it is great also.

last month i had four items delivered in one box.

one of them was damaged.

they sent me a new one the next day.

they gave me a month to return the damaged one......no box, no packaging needed. i just took the item to kohls with the return barcode they sent me and that was it.

super easy and no stress for me.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I’ve never returned anything from Amazon. But I think the arrangement with Kohl’s is a great idea.

Esteemed Contributor

New arrangement doesn't work for me; I'm 3 1/2 hrs from nearest Kohls and I never ever shop there.  I hardly return anything to Amazon but I use their label and UPS.

Respected Contributor

I seldom return anything, but I did do this once and got a 25% off coupon for Kohl’s.

Respected Contributor

Glad it works for some and you're happy about it.  Not for me.  Like someone else said I'd have to drive a half hour there and back. Not to mention deal with the crowds in the store which I hate - their checkout lines are always a nightmare.  It's just easier for me to go to the Post Office.  I've rarely returned anything to Amazon and when I did it was free return shipping.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My closest Kohl's store is just 10 minutes away and is in the same mall as the UPS store, so I have both those options available to me. Returns at the UPS store have been quick and easy, and there isn't usually the long line that there tends to be at the Kohl's customer service desk. If it's not convenient for some for whatever reason, you're not compelled to go there. But it's nice to have another option available. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

I haven’t returned any Amazon purchases to Kohl’s yet, but I have used Kohl’s “pick up in store” option. It was seamless. Their customer service reps were very friendly and efficient. Although there were a few people in line ahead of me, my pick-up only took about 5 minutes. If the Amazon return process works as well as this, it should be a winner. 

I have used the option to make Amazon returns at their orange lockers in various locations (supermarkets, convenience stores, etc.). It works very well and you receive your credit quickly. This might be more useful if you don’t have a Kohl’s store near your home.

Honored Contributor

@summergal1   I started a post about this process last Friday since I tried this process at my local kohls for an amazon return too.

I am still waiting for my credit to be processed even though 2 clerks at kohls told me 'sure you'll have your credit within 24 hours'.

I am still waiting and I'm getting ready to have a chat with amazon as soon as I finish this post.

I'll never do this again for any returns I may have with amazon. The clerk at kohls was rude with me through the entire process. I was not at all rude with her. That's not me. I asked her a couple of questions on this process, she couldn't answer my questions. In fact another clerk was close by and interjected that she too had processed a couple of returns at another kohls location and said it was seamless, had her credits back indeed easily within 24 hours.

The clerk who processed mine printed out what she needed to print out, gave me my receipt number paperwork and prompted walked away leaving my package on the stand-alone amazon return counter. I was skepital right from the start. She didn't immediately put it in the bin they collect returns in. I wondered if someone might just walk by and 'take' my package.

Bottom line, I am still waiting. And now I'm awaiting a callback from an amazon rep to discuss this with me.

I won't do this again.