Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Workers Protest Conditions!

A universal base pay is in our future.  Robots are better suited for many industries.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy  @Spurt   @Porcelain 

I've wondered if the new Q warehouse in Bethlehem is highly mechanized with robots.  I've read a number of complaints about people receiving the wrong item.  Boy, I'd love a tour of that place!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@tansy  @Spurt   @Porcelain 

I've wondered if the new Q warehouse in Bethlehem is highly mechanized with robots.  I've read a number of complaints about people receiving the wrong item.  Boy, I'd love a tour of that place!

@Kachina624 

Thats a good question, don't know.....Although one employee review stated he was treated like a robot...Robot wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt   Maybe he resembled and was easily confused with his robotic co-worker?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt   Maybe he resembled and was easily confused with his robotic co-worker?

@Kachina624 

Robot LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The real truth probably lies somewhere between.  Workers tend to exaggerate their grieviences while managent tends to downplay them.

While often on opposite ends of a subject, I have to agree wholeheartedly with you on this one @Kachina624 

The truth of most things lies somewhere in the middle. If we could only see that, we might solve things much easier.

Honored Contributor

If the employees are unionized, they should be able to lodge a complaint with their union. If they are not unionized, their only option is through a state or local agency.

I don't think that any employee should have to work in a dangerous environment, if that is indeed the case.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes interesting because after all people don't need jobs.  Robots. do.

I really try to understand the reasoning behind some ideas. 

SMH

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I love it when people speak up about lousy working conditions.  Big business looks at numbers, not people.  They don't care about people as long as the bottom line is good.  When it's not good, they just let them go.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Robots are interesting.  I've been playing bridge online with them and they are very good.

Maybe you are on to something about their replacing workers who don't want to work.

Maybe even - since according to the Chicago Tribune, teachers unions are now complaining about teaching online (too much work, too stressful, shouldn't have to be answering all the questions students and parents have, etc. etc. etc.) - robots could replace them too.

Sure, let's see more people unemployed.  That always helps the economy.  Heck, I will wait in line before I use a self-checkout.  I don't work there and don't want my immediate efforts to help replace a human being.