Super Contributor

I got one today from PayPal.

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Scam Alert

[ Edited ]
  • Yes, a phishing scam to get credit card numbers.  
Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@rmb wrote:

I was out with the dogs and had a message on the answering machine when we came back in.  It was from Amazon concerning an order for 700.00 and some odd dollar amount.  If I wanted to cancel, press 1.  Called DH and asked if he placed an order since we use different credit cards and I couldn't look up anything he ordered.  Anyway, he said it was a scam.  If I had pressed 1, they probably would have asked for a credit card number to "cancel."   I don't post often, but read the forums daily. and thought I would post to alert others.

@rmb, I received this one too recently. It was the same woman that calls and states my Microsoft account is going to be closed, the IRS needs to hear from me to avoid arrest,  oh yes and the electricity is going to be cut off in the hour. LOL.

@tiny 2   HA!  At least your car warranty is not about to expire.  Press "1" now to speak to a representative.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@rmb wrote:

I was out with the dogs and had a message on the answering machine when we came back in.  It was from Amazon concerning an order for 700.00 and some odd dollar amount.  If I wanted to cancel, press 1.  Called DH and asked if he placed an order since we use different credit cards and I couldn't look up anything he ordered.  Anyway, he said it was a scam.  If I had pressed 1, they probably would have asked for a credit card number to "cancel."   I don't post often, but read the forums daily. and thought I would post to alert others.

@rmb, I received this one too recently. It was the same woman that calls and states my Microsoft account is going to be closed, the IRS needs to hear from me to avoid arrest,  oh yes and the electricity is going to be cut off in the hour. LOL.

@tiny 2   HA!  At least your car warranty is not about to expire.  Press "1" now to speak to a representative.

@Cakers3LOL, I have had that one too.

Respected Contributor

The Amazon scam tells you that in order to cancel the (bogus) order you need to download their app on your cell phone and then follow their instructions.  You can imagine the problems that will occur after they get control of your phone.

Esteemed Contributor

Just Realize: Companies, Banks, etc. will NEVER call u --- they would mail a letter to u. Even if u received a letter - call the company or bank using their phone # - and ask if it's legit.

I get at least 10 SCAM calls a day - and never answer the phone,

Most show female names as the ID -- today I got a call from Kaiser (never used them); different company names, etc. All with local phone numbers. Of course, they never leave a message.Occasionally, it's a robocall yapping away and I hang up immediately.

Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

Just Realize: Companies, Banks, etc. will NEVER call u --- they would mail a letter to u. Even if u received a letter - call the company or bank using their phone # - and ask if it's legit.

I get at least 10 SCAM calls a day - and never answer the phone,

Most show female names as the ID -- today I got a call from Kaiser (never used them); different company names, etc. All with local phone numbers. Of course, they never leave a message.Occasionally, it's a robocall yapping away and I hang up immediately.

Yes they do call.

Just a couple of months ago someone hacked my paypal account and tried to send $700 through my paypal account to someone in Calif.  Paypal called me so see if the transaction was legit.  They gave me a # to call back.  I verified that # from their website and then called.  The transaction showed pending in my paypal account.

And if you have two layer verification on your accounts and someone tries to hack, they call the # you have provided to them.

Snail mail is too slow when dealing with hackers.

Honored Contributor

I got one.  This one said there was problem with my Amazon account.  Hung up on them.  Didn't get past the word Amazon.  

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 @tiny 2 

Since I got rid of my landline the only scam calls I get are the car warranty calls ...🚗 😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Scam Alert

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@Cakers3 @tiny 2 

Since I got rid of my landline the only scam calls I get are the car warranty calls ...🚗 😄

@Spurt   LOL   Sometimes I want to call them back and tell them to "press this, loser".

Area 51 - Imgflip

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh