Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Is this only in stores in the greater Los Angeles, Chicago, and Milwaukee areas, or is it nationwide at all stores?

The original post says all Kohl's starting in July.

Honored Contributor

@Trix  That was the jest or the unspoken point of my post.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

The few times I have send a return there were labels for UPS or USPS, which for me is much closer than the nearest Kohl's in my area.

@SydneyH 

Me too! Print off return labels/back in the container in which it came/put it on our back porch and UPS/USPS picks it up. Never been an issue with us for years, and the nearest Kohl's?  Gotta drive 15 miles! No thanks.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

The few times I have send a return there were labels for UPS or USPS, which for me is much closer than the nearest Kohl's in my area.

@SydneyH 

Me too! Print off return labels/back in the container in which it came/put it on our back porch and UPS/USPS picks it up. Never been an issue with us for years, and the nearest Kohl's?  Gotta drive 15 miles! No thanks. Good for some, probably.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Is this only in stores in the greater Los Angeles, Chicago, and Milwaukee areas, or is it nationwide at all stores?

The original post says all Kohl's starting in July.

Thanks for responding, I should have read more carefully.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Returns

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

The returns dept at the closest Kohls is a nightmare, I will continue to use the UPS label and return them that way

I'm with you.  Even walking into Kohl's always stresses me out.  Disorganization and long lines, apathetic employees, etc.  I realize different locations vary, but that's been my experience at every Kohl's I've ever been to.

I can't remember the last time I returned something to Amazon, but I'll use whatever label they provide.  I assume Kohl's is doing this to get customers into their stores, but it's not going to work on me!

It's good @chrystaltree  posted, though, because I'm sure this will make things easier for some posters, and it's always good to share helpful info!  

Honored Contributor

For the last two years, Amazon and department store chain Kohl’s had a limited partnership that allowed you to bring your return to 100 Kohl’s stores across the country. Today, the two companies announced that they’d expand this program to all 1,150 Kohl’s locations in the U.S.

Only last month, Kohl’s and Amazon also announced that the store would start carrying Amazon products in about 200 of its stores.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/23/you-can-now-take-your-amazon-returns-to-all-kohls-stores/   

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@HoovermomI see 2 immediate benefits for Kohl's.  First, Amazon has to be paying them -  and second, more people by far buy from Amazon than from Kohl's so they'll pick up some new customers who will look around now that they're in the store.  Sounds like a win for both companies.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Good news.  Beginning in July,  Kohl's will accept ALL Amazon returns in ALL of it's store.  There are things that I don't buy from Amazon because I don't want the hassle of returning them.  I won't have that concern now.

@chrystaltree :  Wow, that is some committment from Kohl's.

IMO this is self serving on Kohl's part, they are trying to get more people into the store.

Sounds like a smart marketing strategy.

Respected Contributor

it's not a win for the kohl's employees that will have to deal with nightmare returns. we all ready have to deal with furniture, etc. that is sold on line.

i don't see how this is an easier way to go, for amazon customers. time will tell.