Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

Thank you for posting this @Moonchilde!  I had been to Amazon today but hadn't noticed that.  I've been wanting to join Prime but didn't want to pay $99.  The $67 may get me to join today.

A friend told me about it yesterday and I thought the same thing, so I joined this morning.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@DoneTryin and @Funloving, I'm not sure about regifting, but according to the info about the $67 it says that it will show $99 when you enter it in your cart.  It will change to $67 at checkout.

Guess I'm a doofuss.  I just tried, let it process all the way through, & it still showed $99, so I had to cancel it.

Respected Contributor

I know businesses need to attract new customers, but it always aggravates me when places have deals for new customers and their longtime, loyal customers get squat.

Respected Contributor

Well, thanks for trying to help me.  So I'll gift a membership to my daughter & call it an early birthday present (it's in Nov)Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Should have known ordering a gift membership wouldn't go smoothily.  It still shows $99.  Kwap!!!  Now I have to contact CS because I do want the gift for my daughter.  Sigh...

Respected Contributor

Good grief!  This is the first time I've ever had a problem with Amazon & I'm not a happy camper.  After having tried the "self-gifting" twice, & cancelling those twice, I ordered a gift membership for my daughter.  The 2 I tried cancelling didn't, & the gift didn't change to $67 at checkout.  So now I've been charged $297.  Trying to find out how to contact CS was also a major challenge; they have all that info buried quite deeply within their website.  Just as bad as trying to contact a Comcast CEO.  Sheesh!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@DoneTryin

Yes, indeed, it is difficult to find a contact number.  But at the bottom of one those pages of your account, there contact info.  You can even do a chat or request a call back.  Not to worry, they will help you.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@DoneTryin

Yes, indeed, it is difficult to find a contact number.  But at the bottom of one those pages of your account, there contact info.  You can even do a chat or request a call back.  Not to worry, they will help you.

Thanks; I know they will because I'll hound them until they do!Woman LOL  Just needed to vent a little.  Hey, everyone have a great weekend!

Honored Contributor

VCamp - the 'call back' thing is great.  You just punch your phone number into the field and it IMMEDIATELY calls you.   They'll take care of it but I can understand how frustrating it is at this point!

Frequent Contributor

Van Sleepy, I'm with you.  I've been an Amazon Prime member for a very long time and do a whole lot of my shopping there.  I find this to be pretty offensive to current members.  I have a feeling there are a whole lot of other discontent members out there too.  I think Jeff Bezos and his team will have to come up with a plan to placate us.