Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don’t use Amazon anything for anything.  I have found other sources.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

You do need to be careful when you checkout on Amazon.  There is a message asking if you want to join Amazon prime free for 30 days.  You could have mistakenly agreed to the membership.  If you had you would likely also have received emails from Prime throughout the month about benefits you aren't using.

I also seldom order from Amazon but have signed up for the free 30 day membership a couple times only to get free shipping on an order.  Then I go in and cancel before billing starts.

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon prime will bill in monthly installments ($14.xx a month). 

A person at work was not paying attention when checking out and clicked the option of "free shipping with prime membership".  It will then enroll you as a prime member.  They will cancel when you call but not sure it will be retro.  Just be more careful when checking out.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

I have no use for Amazon Prime - I didn't even know what it was. The rep at Discover Card connected me to a rep at Amazon and they'll be crediting me the $14. that I paid in my February bill. I'm very careful when purchasing things on-line - I think Amazon had a trick question on there.

Regular Contributor

@september wrote:

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

I belong to Amazon Prime and I'm charged once a year and they notify me about a week before, by Email, that the payment will be charged.  This dosn't sound like a Prime payment.   What did the person a Amazon tell you it was ? 

Agree with this.  Amazon Prime doesn’t break down their annual fee into monthly payments. 

Call Amazon to find out what this might be. 

Mine is billed in monthly installments.

Esteemed Contributor

@september 

@september wrote:

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

I belong to Amazon Prime and I'm charged once a year and they notify me about a week before, by Email, that the payment will be charged.  This dosn't sound like a Prime payment.   What did the person a Amazon tell you it was ? 

Agree with this.  Amazon Prime doesn’t break down their annual fee into monthly payments. 

Call Amazon to find out what this might be. 

Yes they do.. I pay monthly by choice and I charge to my Amazon card.