Esteemed Contributor

In January, I purchased a large crossword puzzle book from Amazon - total $15.63 - which was charged to my Discover Card. In my February statement, I saw a $14. charge from Amazon but thought that was for the crossword puzzle book. Today I received my March statement and there was another $14. charge. I went on Amazon's site and cancelled my so-called membership, which stated it will be cancelled as of April 5th. I wasn't able to email them about crediting me $14. in my February statement. I hadn't paid the March statement yet. I called Discover Card and they connected me to Amazon and the rep agreed to credit me $14. I NEVER signed up for Amazon Prime - In the last 8 years, I've only purchased 5 items. I think it's a SCAM. Has this happened to u with Amazon????

Trusted Contributor

I belong to Amazon Prime and I'm charged once a year and they notify me about a week before, by Email, that the payment will be charged.  This dosn't sound like a Prime payment.   What did the person a Amazon tell you it was ? 

Honored Contributor

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

I belong to Amazon Prime and I'm charged once a year and they notify me about a week before, by Email, that the payment will be charged.  This dosn't sound like a Prime payment.   What did the person a Amazon tell you it was ? 

Agree with this.  Amazon Prime doesn’t break down their annual fee into monthly payments. 

Call Amazon to find out what this might be. 

Honored Contributor

1 (888) 280-4331   Number for amazon customer service 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

No, never had a billing issue with Prime membership fee, shrugs........

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

1 (888) 280-4331   Number for amazon customer service 

@september   Thank You!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@kivah There is a monthly rate that can be used for Prime, which I opted for in the beginning, but then I switched to the once a year annual rate instead, after about five months.  

If you call customer service they can probably walk you through what that $14.00 reflects and how it was incurred.

Honored Contributor

I've belonged to Prime almost from the very beginning.  You always get notified ahead of time for the renewals.  We use  Prime a lot.  I even do my weekly grocery shopping through Prime. I no longer go to supermarkets.

Honored Contributor

Its not a scam.  You should have called Amazon CS as soon as the error appeared on your bill.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Never had a billing issue, in fact I had a separate account for my Dad and when he passed away they refunded the entire Prime Membership

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.