Respected Contributor

Amazon Prime veterans discount

I wanted to share this for anyone that might be eligible. I read this in an article and we signed up as DH is a vet. Any veteran or someone currently serving in the military is eligible for a year of Prime membership for $79, which is a $40 savings. The good news is that you can already be a prime member and your discounted year will begin when your current membership runs out. 

We know that we will renew our membership so it was a good deal. This is in honor of Veterans Day and I believe runs through the 11th. I won’t post a link, but if you go to the Amazon site, search for veterans discount prime membership, You can click at the top of the page for all the details. You had to enter name and discharge date. Hope someone else can use this 🙂.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime veterans discount

Also Target has a good deal for Veterans. It is good until Veterans Day. My husband already used it.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

I don’t know if they still offer it, but Home Depot and Lowe’s used give a 10% veterans discount year round. We used it once for an appliance purchase, worth it on a large item. 

Honored Contributor

Amazon Prime was a big flop.  I entered my info about 5 times but all I got was a big oops.  So much for that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@tucsongalI had not heard about this - I just purchased the additional year of Prime for $79 - will be added on to our current expiration date.  It was so easy and took 2 minutes. So thank you!

PS to answer your other post - yes, both Home Depot and Lowes offer a 10% mil discount every day.  (I know, we are at both most every weekend).

Honored Contributor

if you have a student in the family you can also get a discount on amazon prime.

it is half the price of regular prime.

you do need to supply a valid school email address of the student.

we have had this for several years now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

Thank you!  I just extended Prime.

Respected Contributor

What if DH is a veteran but Prime is in my name?  Out of luck I suppose.  DH uses it more than I do.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

What if DH is a veteran but Prime is in my name?  Out of luck I suppose.  DH uses it more than I do.

Same here and it worked. I logged in as myself, it asked for the veteran's name, DOB, service etc. I entered his info. It accepted. Hope you try it.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Bridgegal 

i dont know how the veterans discount works, but with the student discount we were able to get it by adding my daughters email address and information to the prime account that is in MY name.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein