Honored Contributor

Interesting to see the math, thanks @Spurt 

32 + orders......hmmm...I wonder!

Respected Contributor

Price increase. Not a big deal. Worth the membership dues,  We order so many items from Amazon.  Majority of our Christmas  gifts were from Amazon. All were received before Christmas, even the ones we had shipped to Alaska!  Music, TV, movies and books. The convenience. Excellent customer service. 5% back when we use the CC too! Very good deal still.  Have been Prime members for more years than I can remember. Will continue to be so.

Honored Contributor

I just got charged for mine.  It was $126.14. It showed up on my charge card as an Amazon  purchase and I had no idea what the charge was for.  I was shocked that the service was charged sales tax.

I am good until next January.  My DH watches the movies and I read the books, so I guess I will pony up the money again next year. We also purchase a lot from Amazon.

Trusted Contributor

Respected Contributor
Plus tax that will be about $150 for me, which comes to $12.50 a month. Still a bargain for how much I use it.
Trusted Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

I would spend more than $140 a year in shipping, so I will renew.  The movies/shows are a plus.

$140.00 a year is a bargin when you factor in the price of fuel, driving all over and not finding it anyway, and a big waste of time! Amazon has a much better selection of things you can find in any store. No shipping charge on anything. Plus all the other perks you get with Prime, I plan to renew also.

Honored Contributor

I'd pay for Amazon Prime if it was twice the amount.  I make a lot of Amazon purchases and free shipping and 1 to 2  day delivery on most things I buy are worth the price.  And there's Prime Video and Music and photo storage all of which I use.

Honored Contributor

A couple of the business anchors were talking about the price increase this morning and were wondering at what price point would they quit paying for Prime.

They reckoned that with a family of four, having Amazon's cash back credit card, and the number of orders they placed with Amazon, it would be worth it to them to pay up to $400 for Prime.

😳

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Interesting to see the math, thanks @Spurt 

32 + orders......hmmm...I wonder!

@RespectLife , Like I said in my post , it's not for everybody. However, it works for me, and trust me I don't waste money.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I plan on renewing.  I do get my money's worth.  You can't beat the free returns and you get refunded within hours of taking it to UPS or Kohl's.  I do watch a lot of movies as well.