Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I remember when a membership was $99. It is getting to be too expensive, I'm not sure if I'll sign up again.

@Jordan2  I remember when it was $79 a year in 2005 when it all started. That's the year we signed up. I mentioned once that we have a few family members on the account and someone mentioned it's against whatever. I'm sure they can see all the Cards and the orders.  I'm still waiting for the Amazon Police to come by. The amount of money we spend monthy keeps Amazon alive.

We have been charged $119 yearly since 2018. Renewed last December and we will continue with them.

Just love to see those blue vans.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Here is my take, some rely on Amazon because of the convenience and maybe no real time to shop around, I can understand that. but i do have time to look around both in stores and online and so very often I just find it elsewhere at a huge savings. Here are 2 recent examples of that

We bought a compact microwave oven, Amazon price $115, Home Depot price $58 for the same exact item

We buy a huge Belgium dark choc bar at Trader Joe, $5, same exact one on Amazon is $15. 

On the other hand there are a few things like some supplements that I do rely on Amazon for. If you have the time, always good to shop around. 

@Shelbellefor something like a microwave or small appliance, I would google to see who has the lowest price.  I would never buy something like that from Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaGal wrote:

And dont forget Amazon Fresh for those that have that service available, that is a very handy deal they offer too. You can get groceries and haba delivered in 2 hour windows, sometimes you can get a slot for the same day or for sure the next day. I use this often. They have Whole Foods to shop from too but im not sure you get free shipping with that, correct me if Im wrong. But I love Amazon Fresh and alot of times paper towels and such are cheaper than just shopping prime and some things you dont have to buy in large packs. You do have to get 35.00 in your cart for free ship but thats easy, oh and they add a 5.00 tip on your reciept for the driver too Check that out, its very nice!

Thank you to whoever mentioned the price increase.  SeaMaiden was that you?   Smiley Very Happy

eta~ it was you homey!!

@SeaGal  i have never tried Amazon fresh but since reading your Post, I will.

So do you still tip the driveragain?  I would wonder if $5 is enough and tip again.

Honored Contributor

It still provides value for my family so I will be continuing my membership.

Respected Contributor

@Sage04  I've been using Fresh since the beginning of pandemic. The amount of the automatically added tip varies on the amount of my order. The amount they add is a  suggestion and can be changed to whatever you'd like.

Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know if they stil have Prime Video?  That was a subscription for the streaming service only.  That was $8.99 per month and the streaming service was the only thing included.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Here is my take, some rely on Amazon because of the convenience and maybe no real time to shop around, I can understand that. but i do have time to look around both in stores and online and so very often I just find it elsewhere at a huge savings. Here are 2 recent examples of that

We bought a compact microwave oven, Amazon price $115, Home Depot price $58 for the same exact item

We buy a huge Belgium dark choc bar at Trader Joe, $5, same exact one on Amazon is $15. 

On the other hand there are a few things like some supplements that I do rely on Amazon for. If you have the time, always good to shop around. 

@Shelbellefor something like a microwave or small appliance, I would google to see who has the lowest price.  I would never buy something like that from Amazon.

But you would be surprised at the number of folks who would shop it on amazon and nowhere else. 

Trusted Contributor

This might help guys, can lock in for another year:

Can I buy a future Amazon Prime membership with a gift card now?

Savvy bargain shoppers have noted that Amazon's "gift of Prime" service can be an effective method of extending the current price rate. If you buy a gift subscription of Amazon Prime before the price change and activate it when your existing subscription expires, you'll get another year at the $119 rate. If you sign up for a yearly account before Feb. 18 and buy another yearly gift subscription at $119, you won't be paying the new $139 yearly rate until 2024 (though you will be paying $238 upfront).

Honored Contributor

I've had Prime since the beginning - and Amazon Music - and Kindle Unlimted.

I don't have an issue with the increase.  For the amount of stuff I order from Amazon .... it's a bargain.  

Honored Contributor

It isn't automatically free s/h for orders of $25.00 or more on Amazon.  It's on qualifying items.  There are plenty of items that's don't qualify. 

I have prime and I have yet to figure out the movie situation.  Anytime I've logged into Prime and attempted to watch a movie, all of the good ones still have an upcharge.  The only freebies are all old, outdated movies.  Am I doing something wrong?

There are 4 of us who split a prime membership so we all order under the same account.