Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Members Beware

@LTT1 wrote:

@suzyQ3

Thank you for reminding me!

When I have used the “chat” feature, it always turn out very good!

@LTT1

Chat is definitely a good way of getting documentation. 

Remember - OP’s charge was for the pickup, not the return itself. Be careful to use the correct terminology when discussing charges with CS. 

Frequent Contributor

If you dropped it off at Kohls, I believe they said up front when the service began that the fee would be charged.  The drop off is a "convenience".

Honored Contributor

Not a problem for me.   There's an Amazon store about 15 blocks from me ... almost walking distance (at least one way).

But, having been an Amazon customer since 1996, I only returned one item, and that was a Kindle book ... which was just a matter of a couple of clicks and it was removed from my library and my account credited.

I order a lot of stuff from Amazon .... Prime is more than worth it for me!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Honestly if you are returning THAT MUCH that the return charges are a concern.....

then Amazon Prime is not a good fit for you.  I have never had to return anything and I have ordered LOTS of product.  Why are you returning so much? 

@SeaMaiden, personally, I have begun to buy more items on Amazon that lend themselves to possibly being returned -- bras, shoes, stuff like that.

Regardless, though, if Amazon is okay with free returns, then so am I. I will return what I don't like, what didn't live up to my expectations, or that didn't fit.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I have returned some items for different reasons.   But I am sure all who said they have never returned anything, would have returned this product.

I needed a pair of nice warm slippers and decided to order a pair of UGG slippers.  They received very good reviews, but everybody warned about the size and said to size up.  Well, my shoe size is 10, so I ordered size 11.  And guess what, they were still too small.  I returned without ordering size 12.  

I received the slippers yesterday and returned today.  

Honored Contributor

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever returned anything to Amazon. I may have once, long ago, but not since I’ve been a Prime member. If I did need to return something, I’d just drop it off wherever they want me to. It would be so very seldom, I’d just do it without thinking about it. Not a biggie for me the way I use Amazon, but everyone buys different things. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Just the other day I initiated a return to Amazon.  There was nothing wrong with the product; I just didn't need it anymore and put that as my reason for return.  They told me I would be credited and that I did not have to return it!  It was an item less than $20 and I debated about returning it all. I felt a little guilty Smiley Surprised