Contributor

Great point about paying up front for Amazon products and never being "billed".  I have found that having your credit card set up for alerts at a particular number...$100 or whatever you are comfortable setting...is a great way to stay ahead of all of the hackers and skimmers.  I had someone skim my bank credit card in the supermarket and within the time I loaded my car and drove home the skimmer tried to use it to buy very expensive audio equipment on line.  My bank was right on it and a message was waiting for me from the fraud department when I arrived home.  This was prior to all of the RFD protection now built into handbags and wallets, but I continue to use this protection with my credit cards.     

Esteemed Contributor

I got those also. Blocked them. 

Honored Contributor

I've gotten those calls too, about a $600 - $700 Amazon charge.  They said I should ignore the call if I really made the purchase, and call them at such-and-such a number if I did not.  I googled the number and found it was a scam.

Honored Contributor

haven’t had phone calls, but I have had both emails and text messages purportedly from Amazon.   Hard to get a couple of hundred dollars “reward” when you don’t even have an active account.

But while  I’m here, I’ll use this thread to warn of what I think is the work of an Apple scammer.  For more than a week,on both my devices I have been asked to sign in with my new password. (There isn’t one) and today the message tightened to a threat I wouldn’t be able to sign on at all.   Yet, here I am

Frequent Contributor

I always hit redial and when they answer I hang up on them and I will call over and over while I'm watching TV it makes you feel better

Respected Contributor

The scammers must be on a roll today.....we got several "Amazon" scam phone calls also.