Esteemed Contributor

I had no idea that they had such a service until I was placing an order today.  You put in  your zip code, the type of repair, approximately how much time, when it needs to be completed, if an extension ladder is needed, and any other necessary information. 

Most of the reviews were very good but a few stated that they had no follow-up on quotes. 

Another option in the never-ending search for home repair people.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Home Repair Service

I dont use The Amazon of Everything but are these referrals vetted for licensing, bonded/insured when necessary?

If you're having trouble finding someone for home repairs, ask at your local hardware store. They are still often suppliers to independent contractors.

You can get advice on a project, they will do small tasks like rescreening, sell you 6 perfectly matched nuts & bolts without buying a Monster Pack and heck, one guy even got my flashlight working again.

Trusted Contributor

I beleive Amazon gives you a list of people in your area to choose from, They also have reviews of their work. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy, I trust Amazon, but I have used both Home Advisor and Nextdoor and have been very pleased with their services.  I am not a novice when it comes to finding contractors, and I check everything before having work done.   I agree that if someone needs a place to start, then a local hardware store is the place to go if you can find one.  In my area, we only have the big box stores.  I remember the days of a real hardware store and those days, for the most part, are gone. 

I have used one particular contractor who works with all of the large stores and he is very good, but I like Nextdoor for local recommendations.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I had no idea that they had such a service until I was placing an order today.  You put in  your zip code, the type of repair, approximately how much time, when it needs to be completed, if an extension ladder is needed, and any other necessary information. 

Most of the reviews were very good but a few stated that they had no follow-up on quotes. 

Another option in the never-ending search for home repair people.

I've used this service twice.  Amazon does the vetting, but of course, you can too before you hire them.  All communications between you and a prospective professional is done through Amazon.

I love this service.  Many of the things offered on Amazon for services, I don't need but for smaller odd job things they are great.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

If I remember correctly Amazon guarantees the work. I'd definitely consider it. 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting the information about Amazon.  I didn't know that they offered this service!

Honored Contributor

I placed an order for lawn mowing service for my mother's yard.  Well it rained on that day, Tuesday.  No show, no call.  Wednesday sunny.  No show, no call.  I called Amazon that night.  They said they'd email the vendor and get an update.  Thursday and Fiday it rained.  No show, no call.  I called Amazon again and told them to cancel my order and that I wasn't happy.  They said they were sorry and canceled my order.  I checked the website and it said no mowing service for my mother's zip code.  I checked yesterday and there were three vendors, one being the one that I canceled.  I selected a different vendor.  If it doesn't workout, I won't be trying it again.  

Honored Contributor

Well, I didn't know that existed.  Amazon has something for almost every facet of our lives.