Respected Contributor

We just received a phone call that I think might have come from a cell phone because of the prefix that said someone using our Amazon account tried to order $13,000 worth of gold.  

Has anyone received this type of call?  Sure it is spam?

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 - ignore it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I agree, do not answer or respond, I've read about this one recently.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 It's totally FAKE. Designed to get you to give out any personal info. Don't answer these things but if you do, hang up immediately.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23   Of course it's fake.  Any call like that is always fake.  Besides, Amazon doesn't sell gold.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

The calls I usually received regarding my amazon account involve someone trying to make a purchase of an expensive Apple iphone.  I never push any button to be connected. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon Fraud?

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the info @Love my grandkids @KingstonsMom @gidgetgh @NickNack   @qbetzforreal The call came in on DH's phone and he was concerned.  I told him I would ask the ladies at the Forum and I am sure to get a good answer from them.  You ladies came thru - he was impressed.  He was ready to call Amazon.  Ignoring this the best thing to do.

Honored Contributor

My poor 88 year old MIL did and she was so confused.  She told them she didn't have an Amazon account.  That was the only time that she didn't give out her information.  My DH took over her accounts. It is definitely a scam.

Esteemed Contributor

Definitely a scam. 

In the future if you are ever in doubt about any such call or e-mail that you receive such as this, it's best to call the source directly. Not through a link or telephone number that they would have provided, but one that you have obtained on your own and can independently verify.  Like if it's your bank the number on the back of your card or Amazon go directly to their website and get a number to call. 

Super Contributor
I got the same call a few days ago. Mine was also about the purchase of an iPhone. I hung up immediately and called a phone number I got online for Amazon security. The rep for Amazon said they never make these kind of calls. She also said it is a good idea to check your orders