Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

If vince camuto called anyone that would be from beyond the grave.  Didnt he die like 4-5 years ago.??

Yes, he died in 2015.  

@shoesnbags , Of course I meant the company. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I received the same phone call this week. I checked my Amazon account for an order for the iPhone for $799 but no order listed. Nothing charged to my credit card either.

Part of the message was not on my answering machine but found out what was said after I searched the phone number. They said to press 1 or press 2 to cancel or vice versa.

I knew it was a scam so I did not answer the phone.

Honored Contributor

I've received 2 emails from Amazon saying my prime was going to be cut off because my charge card expired.  I thought it's too soon to renew and went to my Amazon account.  I wasn't renewal time.  I know better, but I still verified.  If anyone asks for private info or sends a link, it's fraud.  

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

If vince camuto called anyone that would be from beyond the grave.  Didnt he die like 4-5 years ago.??

Yes, he died in 2015.  

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

Yes, he died in 2015.  

@QVCkitty1 I was replying to @shoekitty, who was asking if he had died 4-5 years ago. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Fraud Alert

[ Edited ]

@bmorechick 

So sorry you had to go through that, but not surprised at the experience you received from Amazon......I had 3 bad experiences and 3 strikes they are OUT as a retail option for me too....(my credit card hacked, bait & switch from a vendor, reported hom to Amazon and they did nothing--hes still selling to this day, and then I had a problem with a book order---SO DONE!)...

A word to the wise NEVER STORE YOUR CREDIT CARD AMAZON! My credit card stored on Amazon was hacked...

There have been articles posted about Amazon security breaches....and it seems security is last on their "to do" list as they expand their company into other sectors of the world....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

And the fraudsters "spoof" phone numbers so it might not just be 888 numbers either....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Patriot3 wrote:

I simply do not answer if I do not know the caller ID.  Sometimes even if I do i.e. when I know the call is political.  If it goes to voice mail I can delete it from there.  Very seldom does that happen if you don't answer.

---------------

I don't either.  My message is 'leave a message or your tel number will be blocked'!! 

Am amazed how many calls do not leave a message!!  Only the real calls leave a message. Even then, if I don't want to contact or communicate with them, I block the number.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bmorechick wrote:

My Amazon account was hacked about a year ago and it took me seven months to settle it with Amazon because they kept insisting that I pay for the fraudulent charges. They had me locked out the entire time. It was ridiculous.  It wasn’t until I started a chain of emails that it was resolved within about 10 days. Phone calls fell on deaf ears.   I closed the account, and when I went to close it out I noticed that there was a delivery address added on the account to a town in Germany...no doubt the hacker.  Done with amazon because of the lack of customer support or service. 

@bmorechick @Thank you for telling me this. I find it scary. I'd like to know if If I delete my credit cards on file with Amazon would this help if anything like this happens to me? I wish there was a way to find this out. I can't believe how few people on this thread are noticing your post. This goes way beyond phishing emails. I'm glad you were finally able to fix the problem.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@bmorechick wrote:

My Amazon account was hacked about a year ago and it took me seven months to settle it with Amazon because they kept insisting that I pay for the fraudulent charges. They had me locked out the entire time. It was ridiculous.  It wasn’t until I started a chain of emails that it was resolved within about 10 days. Phone calls fell on deaf ears.   I closed the account, and when I went to close it out I noticed that there was a delivery address added on the account to a town in Germany...no doubt the hacker.  Done with amazon because of the lack of customer support or service. 

@bmorechick @Thank you for telling me this. I find it scary. I'd like to know if If I delete my credit cards on file with Amazon would this help if anything like this happens to me? I wish there was a way to find this out. I can't believe how few people on this thread are noticing your post. This goes way beyond phishing emails. I'm glad you were finally able to fix the problem.

@Mindy D 

What deleting your credit card on file with Amazon does is not give hackers access to your card if they break into the website..... And it does not impact the fraud protection you have under the card, and you can still shop and just manually enter your card number each time you purchase an item....But stay diligent --- check your credit card statements and report any fraud to your bank and Amazon....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LadyAlice  .. I got the phone call this past week.  It said someone had fraudulently ordered an iPhone under my account.  I thought it was suspicious so I hung up.... and checked my Amazon account.  There was no such order.