Valued Contributor

So sorry this happened to you. Its really a sad state of affairs when we have to worry all the time about being scammed by our fellow humans. Maybe one day morality will be popular again. 

Regular Contributor

I got the same message on my answering machine that someone was trying to buy an I-phone on my account.  I checked on line and then contacted Amazon but apparently it was a fraudulent call from an 888 number.

Occasional Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

If vince camuto called anyone that would be from beyond the grave.  Didnt he die like 4-5 years ago.??

@shoekitty you are right. I looked it up and he's been gone since 2015. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Fraud Alert

[ Edited ]

I have to admit so many scams have been coming through lately.  What do they think we are idiots?  lol  i guess.  But most all of us prove that wrong.  We all can smell that stuff a mile away.  .  How many missionaries, princes' can their be needing help andmoney?  And lottery winners wanting to share hteir bounty with strangers,  for a fee.  

Honored Contributor

@myvoice wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

If vince camuto called anyone that would be from beyond the grave.  Didnt he die like 4-5 years ago.??

@shoekitty you are right. I looked it up and he's been gone since 2015. 

Shoekitty said,  i love his skirts and shoes and some handbags.  Who ever is designing for him now sure is keeping to his legend.  I lovehim.  If i look in labels i must have 4 or fiveof his skirts among other things  hae kept over te years.

Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

that's exactly what i thought!

Honored Contributor

@myvoice wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I recently got several emails that claimed to be from Vince Camuto saying I could be in legal trouble . They made no sense, and I knew they were bogus, a couple of days later I got an email from the real Vince Camuto, saying it was a phishing scam and not to respond. Duh.

@QVCkitty1 Vince Camuto is one of my favorite designers and would be thrilled to receive an email from him.  How did the real Vince know who all the people were that got contacted bogusly?  Are you saying that both were bogus because that makes more sense to me, although I love him so, I have a lot of his clothing, purses and shoes.  

@myvoice , According to the the email allegedly from the actual Vince Camuto, they discovered this hoax, probably because customers reported it. I don't click on any of these emails, and if they seem sort of legit I check with the company. It is always a scam. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

Yes, he died in 2015.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@LadyAlice Thank you for posting.   Hope you feel well soon.

Super Contributor
Thank you all for your replies and well wishes. Take care. LadyAlice