Trusted Contributor

I don't order very often from Amazon but used them a lot during Christmas and a couple of times since then.  Today my order was delivered by USPS.  Have they always utilized the post office?  It wasn't a problem and actually came a day sooner than they said.  Just wondering.

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh    Yes, they've used the USPS for small items for a long time.  This week, I got one of those on Sunday 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

They used to use usps mostly but now they seem to have their own people deliver their packages. At least where I live that is the case. 

Honored Contributor

We have a lot of brown Amazon vans in W NC which deliver.

Esteemed Contributor

I order quite a bit and occasionally I get it from USPS...

Respected Contributor

The majority of the time, deliveries from Amazon Prime arrive here via USPS, with lightning speed. 

Occasionally, I have seen the Amazon Prime's large bluish gray van driving around.  

UPS and FedEx also make deliveries for Amazon.   

But most of the time, my packages are delivered by USPS.

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

I don't order very often from Amazon but used them a lot during Christmas and a couple of times since then.  Today my order was delivered by USPS.  Have they always utilized the post office?  It wasn't a problem and actually came a day sooner than they said.  Just wondering.

@grandma2pkmh    If the item is from Amazon Marketplace (other seller), it can be delivered by regular mail.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

We get Amazon deliveries at least 3 times a week and in my rural city these deliveries are always made by USPS.

Esteemed Contributor

I get my Amazon deliveries from all carriers.  Depends on what I'm ordering of course.  They have warehouse and operating facilities where I live (but that doesn't mean I get things any quicker.  Once in a blue moon I can get same day delivery (gotta be up early for that).

I've has USPS, UPS and Amazon deliver items to me.  Fed Ex doesn't have a contract with Amazon right now, but the latest news sources is they are going to pick up some slack.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh   Anymore . most MOST UPS starts here but ends there @ USPS. It's a rarity for me to actually get a delivery from amazon anymore. Although I will say, I do get really small items from the navy blue amazon prime van.