Honored Contributor

N C. Is Going To 75% Resturant Capacity Friday!

[ Edited ]

With so many having shots, how is your state changing?

Honored Contributor

Re: N C. Is Going To 75% Resturant Capacity Friday!

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG  In NY we went to 90% a few days ago.

Trusted Contributor

Mine is open and ready for everyone. That said, some places have you sitting 6 feet a part, some don't. Though a sign may read you must wear a mask, if you choose not to, they can't do anything (I see this happening everywhere now).

We picked up some food at a resturant and chose to eat outside (first time in a year!) as we were the only ones outside. Everyone else was inside and except for the employees and DH and I, not a mask to be seen and the tables were close together like you would see pre-covid. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

As far as I know, restaurants in our county continue to have tables spaced apart, wait staff and most customers wear masks(at least coming and going). I’m just hoping that our governor does not overturn the ability of individual cities and counties to make their own safety choices as he did earlier in the pandemic. 

Honored Contributor

We are in Tier 3 (4 tiers total) re-opening.  A lot of details I won't bore you with, but restaurants now allow groups of 10.  We went out to eat Saturday night & it felt normal, except for when you go to the bathroom you have to put your mask back on.  Yeah...that's going to help.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG  In NY we went to 90% a few days ago.

@proudlyfromNJ 

90% is beyond wonderful!!!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Mine is open and ready for everyone. That said, some places have you sitting 6 feet a part, some don't. Though a sign may read you must wear a mask, if you choose not to, they can't do anything (I see this happening everywhere now).

We picked up some food at a resturant and chose to eat outside (first time in a year!) as we were the only ones outside. Everyone else was inside and except for the employees and DH and I, not a mask to be seen and the tables were close together like you would see pre-covid. 

@FiddleDeeDee 

DH and I are now almost 1 month past the secind shot.

Going to lunch in a few dys with a friend who is a brittle diabetic AND brest cancer surviver.  Seating wll be her choice.  I'll have a warm scarf!

Super Contributor

Florida has been back to normal in dining for months. No increase in diseases. I feel bad for smaller places that didn't have the resources to survive and are out of business. It really was not necessary. 

Respected Contributor

In my state, Delaware, we are still at 50% capacity.  We are one of the states on the east coast that is seeing an increase of cases right now so I don't think there will be any changes soon except for possibly schools since the CDC recommended that students can be 3 feet instead of 6 feet apart.  Right now a majority of the students that opted for hybrid learning are going to school two days a week.  With the decreased distance requirements that may change to four days a week.   It really will depend on how many students will take a bus as the bus has limits as to how many students can be on the bus at one time which is 23. I work with special needs preschool students and we have the students with more significant needs coming in 4 days a week but we are getting close to capacity.  

Respected Contributor

The numbers here in Michigan are very high which include many cases of the UK variant.  Our restaurants are at 50% capacity.  My brother in law and sister came down with Covid a week and a half ago.  My brother in law is now recovered.  My sister is still recovering.  They had not gotten a vaccine yet.