Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon Customers, Have you noticed..

No, not at all.

Honored Contributor

NO!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got two third party emails the other day. I will be sending an others to Amazon security . The company should have a email address to send this type of junk. 

Apple has an address. 

Most legit email comes with an unsubscribe button at the end of the posting. My regular junk mail is way down. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Newgate wrote:

I stopped shopping with Amazon for that reason.   I still receive e-mails telling me to buy something I already bought or items that I am not interested in.   Very annoying!!Woman Frustrated

@Newgate

You can go to your Amazon Account and unsubscribe from sending emails. 

Esteemed Contributor

I order from Amazon all the time.  I only get emails that confirm my orders, etc.

And I've never received a text from Amazon, or anyone purporting to be Amazon.

Trusted Contributor

There was a story on the news just tonight about this email scamming that is going on. NOT just Amazon, but emails from all sorts of places. Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, etc etc. Name a store.

I have not had an uptick in phishing emails, but the news story was basically another warning to people to look at the actual sender address, (it is usually not an authentic sender, it is a bot), do not click on any links, do not try to collect a "winning" of any sort. All the usual warnings.

People need to learn because this is never going away. Never click on a link.

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:
As you join the Amazon customer base, have you noticed an increase in „fishing „ texts notifying of winning something, texts at all hours of day and night?
We have and they are annoying

Yes, I've had some.  I had so many for a little while that I learned how to tell the difference without opening them and blocked them.   Now I receive very few.

I get more from Apple than any other company these days.

Honored Contributor

I have always gotten them. Can not blame it on Amazon.

Respected Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:
As you join the Amazon customer base, have you noticed an increase in „fishing „ texts notifying of winning something, texts at all hours of day and night?
We have and they are annoying

Texts, never. I frequently get e-mails other than to confirm a purchase but could opt out of those. I open some but delete most of them.

Respected Contributor

The texts have Walmart mentioned - recent receipt - and they come in early morning hours.