Esteemed Contributor

I know this has been discussed before, but I am so impressed with Amazon CS and disappointed with the current QVC CS. Been with the q over 20 years and their CS was great at one time.

Yesterday a pkg I returned on the ninth of Jan. to the P.O. did not show up as being scanned. It was a huge package and I used the Q return label. So huge, my son had to put IT in his truck and carry it in for me. When I called CS at the Q twice, they could not tell me where it was or why it did not scan. One CS was so disinterested. One gave me a tracking number for the P.O., and I call them and the postmistress said, our numbers do not start with a 7.

Now, Amazon on the other hand got an e mail from me at 1:20 in the morning sent from my Kindle fire HD. I couldn't sleep and was searching prime movies being a prime member. I come across Justified season five on Prime. The week before I used my gift card to watch and paid 1.99 for ea. episode. I explained this to them by e mail. Within and less than a half hour, I received an e mail, and they had credited my gift card the episodes I watched and had paid for.

The Q CS cannot do anything like this and if they do, it takes at least 10 days. My full credit was on my gift card the next day. I wish the Q would give their CS some power, besides saying, 'I'M SORRY.

Honored Contributor

Amazon for speed, cooperation, no questions asked, crediting a refund before the item is returned, etc., etc., etc.

I called Q customer service the other day to request that a refund, which was supposed to go on my credit card, but was put on my membership account, be put on my card, and the woman I spoke to told me that couldn't be done, and was not very polite. I called again yesterday, and another woman was very polite and immediately put the refund on my card. Usually, the customer service people are very nice and cooperative, but it is inconsistent, as I have spoken to quite a few through the years that have not been.

Valued Contributor

QVC doesn't even begin to compare with Amazon when it comes to Price, Customer Service, Returns etc.

Amazon is the best company in every category, hands down!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

I agree mousiegirl that the Q's cs folks are not consistent, and that is very unfortunate.

In this situation though, I believe the OP should be upset with her post office, not the Q. If the post office did not properly scan the item, or the post office system did not update in their system, QVC can do nothing about it!

Respected Contributor
I always get good customer service from amazon but I think it is a little bit better when you are a prime member. If you go on amazon's Facebook page they do have complaints. I don't think qvc could afford to lose as much money as amazon does. I haven't purchased anything from in over 4 years but I thought their process was to allow 3 weeks for returns. I always got good customer service from qvc too.
Esteemed Contributor

The Q should have some kind of number tracking it, but they do insure it. When I had a big item I was returning on HSN, they said, I could use UPS to pick up, the Q said no. The Q use to be very good, I have been with them from almost the start, so I know how much they have changed.

Honored Contributor

So you like 'Justified'?! Ditto.

Honored Contributor

Amazon is faster - hands down.

I assume Amazon should be faster - that's their claim to fame and they are about twice QVC's size.

All that being true, I still have never had less than excellent CS from QVC and more than 98% of the time, speed has not been a concern for me. I use the companies for radically different kinds of purchases. If I'm having Kindle trouble, I want immediate service, but if I;m occasionally returning something, all I care is that the return hits my credit card account before I have to pay for the item. So far, that's been true for me. (I never use debit on line, on the phone, etc. - that's what every financial guru tells me is the safer way no matter what company I'm buying from. No debit.)

Honored Contributor
On 1/16/2015 qvcaddition said:

The Q should have some kind of number tracking it, but they do insure it. When I had a big item I was returning on HSN, they said, I could use UPS to pick up, the Q said no. The Q use to be very good, I have been with them from almost the start, so I know how much they have changed.

UPS or USPS will pick up return packages if you request it though customer service.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a big fan of Amazon. I have received wrong orders, had orders never show, and to get refunds, had to call several times, and had to wait two months.

I still order from them, but not a lot, as I'm always afraid there will be a problem

Q, on the other hand, has it's problems, but I never have to fight about a return or a refund. Very fast, no questions asked.