Honored Contributor

Amazon Blocks Sellers From Using FedEx For Prime Deliveries

[ Edited ]

The Nightly News just had a segment on this.  They said FedEx efficiency is down this season and packages might not get there in time.  I haven't had any problems with my FedEx deliveries.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Blocks Sellers From Using FedEx For Prime Deliveries

I just had a package delivered yesterday (Sunday) from Fed Ex.  I thought they were very efficient.  They sent me a link to sign up for tracking so that I could see where the package was.  It arrived four days after I got the notifcation that it had left the company.  Not bad considering the shipping was free.  

Regular Contributor

I have 2 orders  being delievered by Fed Ex (from two seperate places- not from Amaon) and it is taking much longer than normal with no communication.  I ordered something on Dec 2 and I still don't have it yet.  Finally  Fed Ex posted the Delivery will be today...... A few minutes ago 7:15pm... I saw that it now says Delivery Pending.  It's just frustrating!  Ups and USPS have been so much better this holiday season- and if there is a delay they have been communicating.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think QVC uses them much.  I don't know much about it, but it looks like most of the boxes I receive from QVC comes from the US post office.

Respected Contributor

I have so many problems with FedEx. UPS & USPS are great.

FedEx, for some reaFedEx delivers packages all over the place & then depends on me on my neighbors to get my packages to me.

You would think that they would at least get it on the right side of the road. Even numbers on one side of the road. Odd numbers on my side of the road. Sheesh!

Honored Contributor

This has been a very mixed Christmas season of good and bad mailing. I have literally had to keep contacting retailers to get my merchandise. I have found out recently several no longer have phones...what is up with that??? No Phones...unbelievable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

I just saw the segment on NBC Nightly News, and Amazon is blocking sellers from using Fed-Ex GROUND.

They didn't say that sellers could not use Fed-Ex at all, just Fed-Ex GROUND.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

Walmart uses FedEx and I've had problems since the Wednesday before Thanksgiving when Walmart started their Black Friday sale.

I had several orders that were suppose to arrive by Saturday after Thanksgiving and some on Cyber Monday (they do the 2 day ship like Amazon).  They didn't.  They are/were sitting in Pennsylvania and Ohio for over 2 weeks. 

I contacted FedEx, they claim the delays are due to weather. I'm in Michigan.  There's been no weather in Ohio that would bring everything to a standstill for more than 2 weeks.  Give me a break.

I contacted Walmart about my orders being in limbo, they refunded my money, sent replacements "next day" shipping at no cost to me and told me to keep the "limbo" ones if they ever showed up. "Feel free to donate or re-gift" the CS rep said.

The replacement orders arrived FedEx Express the next day (they even went through Ohio, go figure).

2 of the original orders arrived Saturday (17 days from ordering), looking like they've been through a war zone. My regular FedEx man has no answer to what is going on. I still have some orders currently sitting at FedEx hubs in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Walmart always gets a lot of hate, but I'm here to tell you their CS is outstanding.

FedEx not so much.

Robot LOL Robot Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

Walmart uses FedEx and I've had problems since the Wednesday before Thanksgiving when Walmart started their Black Friday sale.

I had several orders that were suppose to arrive by Saturday after Thanksgiving and some on Cyber Monday (they do the 2 day ship like Amazon).  They didn't.  They are/were sitting in Pennsylvania and Ohio for over 2 weeks. 

I contacted FedEx, they claim the delays are due to weather. I'm in Michigan.  There's been no weather in Ohio that would bring everything to a standstill for more than 2 weeks.  Give me a break.

I contacted Walmart about my orders being in limbo, they refunded my money, sent replacements "next day" shipping at no cost to me and told me to keep the "limbo" ones if they ever showed up. "Feel free to donate or re-gift" the CS rep said.

The replacement orders arrived FedEx Express the next day (they even went through Ohio, go figure).

2 of the original orders arrived Saturday (17 days from ordering), looking like they've been through a war zone. My regular FedEx man has no answer to what is going on. I still have some orders currently sitting at FedEx hubs in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Walmart always gets a lot of hate, but I'm here to tell you their CS is outstanding.

FedEx not so much.

Robot LOL Robot Frustrated

@MezzieStarr 

I second Walmart's CS is outstanding.  

Honored Contributor

I absolutely LOATH FedEx.  They are a mess. They've lost my package at least twice.  They are very slow in delivery.  The most recent problem from them 3 days in a row they were supposed to deliver....and didn't.  When I order on line, I always call the site and ask if they will ship via UPS.  Most of the time they will, if I ask them. 

The worst they ever did, was mail my package to my address, 2 states over.  Of course they claimed they delivered my package.  They did, but not to me.