Honored Contributor

Am Is missing a "What can we do to help the QVC employees" thread?

Maybe I haven't looked hard enough.  Here they are, a week before Christmas with no job.  Sure they get unemployment but it is nowhere near their wages.  And we are worried about our swizzle sticks order?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Am Is missing a "What can we do to help the QVC employees" thread?

@depglass 

Even if the employees file for unemployment, they won't receive it anytime soon, if ever.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anyone stop you from starting such a thread (or is this the one you are starting?) instead of admonishing what you see as lacking? 

I guess you are referring to employees who worked at the QVC facility that was heavily damaged by fire? Do  you know for a fact those QVC employees are not being paid and are now stuck only with unemployment income? Maybe QVC is holding them up  right now with continued paychecks? 

You do sound sincerely concerned and want others to care as you do and help. Just what do you think we should be offering to do? What action have you already initiated to help them? 

I can feel very bad for them and want to help AND worry about my orders, too. Someone else's troubles do not obviate my worries or render them petty. And my worrying about my orders does not mean I don't care about people affected by fires or tornadoes or disease.

@depglass I call your post being a compassion bully. You must be so proud to hang your own halo!

Honored Contributor

Well, they would still be paid for the past week or two or however they are paid.

But I think it would weird if QVC put up a banner for it's customers to donate to the employees.  

The Q is still a business and won't go out of business just because of this fire.  

Products will still be coming into their inventory that had already been ordered.  They are probably scrambling to find a warehouse for the incoming inventory.  Hopefully, it will be close enough for these employees to be able to commute to easily.

I'm hoping there's an update soon that they found the one employee who was missing.

Super Contributor

I read in a press release that the company would continue to pay the employees their full wages through the end of the year. 

Super Contributor

It is likely their insurance includes business interruption which covers payroll.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass   Perhaps you didn't mean to sound, hmmm, divisive.  But I can care, research donation opportunities, and send cash and supplies to help --  and never once post about it on social media.  There are many here, most I would guess, that do not decide our actions or compassion based on posts from this QVC Forum.

I most certainly share your concern for the QVC employees. Just not the way you simultaneously gave it a negative spin.  Just my thoughts.

Valued Contributor

I'm not worried about my order(s).  It's mostly junk I don't need anyway. As far as unemployment compensation goes, that's not been my experience the few times I've had to file.  I pretty much received it right away.  I hope these folks are all safe and I know things won't be back to normal for a while, but I do hope they get a lot of help from all avenues possible.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A warehouse burnt down, not the employees homes...it's awful & I hope they have savings to get them by until they find another job or get back to work at Q. I help people where I live, there's nothing I can do for those Q employees affected by the fire except to wish them well & support Q by continuing to shop with them...including swizzle sticks.

Honored Contributor

Well, this took a turn.

I don't think Depglass meant any ill will or contentiousness.

I am happy to read that they will continue to get paid.  Good on the company for that!  Smiley Happy